Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problem with Win10
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:59 am 

I have a mixed network, was playing so NRserver is on a linux debian distro, file server on 2008 and clients on mixed win7 and win10.

My win10 clients will not connect to shared folders, no matter what I do. I tried google and did the regkey fix (was already correct). What info is needed to help me correct this?

I try to connect both by right clicking on the machine in NRExplorer and selecting shared folders, also by UNC \\ip\share.

The Win7 machines connect without issue both in the local network and from remote sites.

Post subject: Re: Problem with Win10
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:56 am 

Hi adamcook,

Can you ping any computer in the NR network from your win10 using virtual IP address? If you do, it means the NR network is ready and the sharing issue is the application level problem, maybe related to CIFS/SMB protocol or policy settings. If you cannot ping a remote computer via NR network, we need to troubleshoot the issue first. Please provide detailed info, for example: can you sign in to NR server? if so, run "ipconfig" can you see the NeoRouter Virtual Network Adapter and the virtual IP assigned to the computer?

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:30 am 

Hi Kevin,

In short, all the functionality seems to be working with the exception of file/folder sharing. I agree that I probably have something wrong at the application level.

I can ping any computer, I can remote desktop the machines that I have setup, and I can SSH my linux machines, including the machine I have NRServer running on.

IPConfig shows the virtual ethernet adapter and it has an IP on the NR network. I can also see it in the Network and Sharing center.

Thanks for your help

Adam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:50 am 

I have determined that it is definitely not a problem with neorouter, and definitely is a problem with my Windows 10 machines. I can see all machines on the network, but I can only access shares win10-win10, or from a win7 machine I can access shares on win 10, but not vice-versa.

Sorry for the rogue post on your forum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:06 am 

I have the similar issue. I am pretty sure it is Neorouter's problem.
I have many win7 and win10 in the same intranet also internet.
In Intranet, I can access a win7 shared folder, through win7 or win10 computers.
But, in the same Intranet, if I access that win7 share folder through Neorouter IP, there is no problem by using Win7 computer, but all my win10 can not access the win7 sharing.

When move to internet. Same thing happened. All win7 can access the win7 sharing. all win10 can not access the win7 sharing or it can see the computer but shows no folder shared.

can't figure out what happened yet. And how to solve the problem.