Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Install add-ons ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:48 pm 

I am a new noerouter user and my question is how do I install add-ons I download?

I want to install AChat and UltraVNC add-ons I went to the addon gallery downloaded both zip files to my desktop and unziped them to individual folders.

I then followed directions from documentation to install but NEOROUTER asks for a ( .nri ) file.

Looking in the unzip folders of the addons there are only ( .nra ) files along with the programs and selecting them I get a ( invalid addon package ) error.

What am I missing ?

Post subject: Re: Install add-ons ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:44 pm 

You don't need to unzip .nri files downloaded from the add-ons site. Simply save it as .nri file on your computer. On the AddOnManager dialog box, clicks on the "Install" button to install the .nri file. If Windows changes it to the .zip file, you can rename it to .nri file or choose the .zip file when installing the add-ons. The file name is not important.

Check out here for more information:
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... dOnManager

In addition, I'd like to explain a little it about the add-ons here, in case other users get confused too.
There are two kinds of add-on files: .nri file and .nra file.
.nri file is the NeoRouter add-on installation file used by the add-on manager. It contains a install setting file and one or more NeoRouter add-ons, including the executable files and NeoRouter add-on configuration files (.nra). .nri file is in the zip format.
.nra file is the NeoRouter add-on configuration file. It's a xml file, that is used for exporting/importing the add-on settings and transfer the add-on settings between computers. But you have to install the executable files separatly.

The add-ons published on our website are .nri files. You can download it, install it and start to use.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team