Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to add this add on (NXnomachine way better than VNC)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:48 pm 

How can I create an add on for NX client (nomachine.com)? I like that for remote desktop way better than vnc...

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: How to add this add on (NXnomachine way better than VNC)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:18 pm 

Hi netpeer1,

You can create your own add-on config file refering the wiki
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... dOnManager

If you have the NXnomachine on another computer, you can simply import the add-on config file and use it without change.

You can also create your own add-on package refering to the VNC package on our add-on site.

We may publish an add-on package for NXnomachine in the future if more users request for it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm 

Sorry that link is little help very general. I'm not sure what you mean by importing teh config files ....SO I have neorouter installed on a windows PC along with NX, same for a linux box..I can't see any nri or nra files...

Thanks,
netpeer1

kevinz wrote:
Hi netpeer1,

You can create your own add-on config file refering the wiki
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... dOnManager

If you have the NXnomachine on another computer, you can simply import the add-on config file and use it without change.

You can also create your own add-on package refering to the VNC package on our add-on site.

We may publish an add-on package for NXnomachine in the future if more users request for it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:50 pm 

So far, add-ons are supported on Windows version ONLY.

In your case, you can do this:

1. Run Network Explorer and log on
2. Choose menu item File->Add-ons, “Add-ons manager dialog box pops up
3. Drag & drop your NXnomachine main application from File Explorer on to the “Add-ons manager” dialog box
4. Change the properties of the add-on properly
5. Save it and you will see a new add-on has been added to the add-on list
6. Choose the one again and click on the “Edit” button to open the property dialog again
7. Click on the “Export” button to export it to a *.nra file, which is the add-on configuration file.
8. If you have another windows machine and you want to use NXnomachine on it, you don’t need to config the add-on again; just go the Add-on manager (like steps above), click on the “Add[+]” button, click on the “Import” button to import the *.nra file you exported in the step 7

A good example of *.nri file can be downloaded from http://www.neorouter.com/addons/index.html.

Thanks,
KevinZ – NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:57 pm 

Thanks. Please let me be clear here. Neorouter explorer where I need the add on (NX) is ON a windows 7 machine. I do understand the import export etc. However I cannot make this work. I can launch just fine NX separetly and it works just fine (to connect to Linux box) but the add on I created for NX under Neorouter does not work and need help with that.

Thanks.

kevinz wrote:

3. Drag & drop your NXnomachine main application from File Explorer on to the “Add-ons manager” dialog box
6. Choose the one again and click on the “Edit” button to open the property dialog again
7. Click on the “Export” button to export it to a *.nra file, which is the add-on configuration file.
8. If you have another windows machine and you want to use NXnomachine on it, you don’t need to config the add-on again; just go the Add-on manager (like steps above), click on the “Add[+]” button, click on the “Import” button to import the *.nra file you exported in the step 7

A good example of *.nri file can be downloaded from http://www.neorouter.com/addons/index.html.

Thanks,
KevinZ – NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:53 am 

No advice??

netpeer1 wrote:
Thanks. Please let me be clear here. Neorouter explorer where I need the add on (NX) is ON a windows 7 machine. I do understand the import export etc. However I cannot make this work. I can launch just fine NX separetly and it works just fine (to connect to Linux box) but the add on I created for NX under Neorouter does not work and need help with that.

Thanks.

kevinz wrote:

Thanks,
KevinZ – NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 am 

1. have you tried the steps in "Create custom add-on (Advanced)" section of http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... dOnManager?

2. can you post the content of your nra file so we can debug? the nra file is an xml.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:31 am 

I'd like to create or use an addon that allows me to add a web link to the computer list in neorouter network explorer.

This would allow me to add the web link for logmein, or the home page for the site, or any other useful link that can be directly associated with the PC.

Is their a guide, template or API to follow?