Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Linux/OS X GUI for NeoRouter In Progress
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:47 am 

luke wrote:
Hi notech,

thanks for the suggestion.
We will support Linux GUI. However it is currently one of our mid-term goals that we plan to address in the next 6 months or so. At the meantime, please use the python client tigerx has provided.

Thanks,

I guess luke is no longer with neorouter looking at his post count. Please kevinz and crew give us an update on the linux gui. It looks like this gui is not maintained any more and wasn't really up to snuff compared to the windows one. It seems it is about mid-term as luke said. If you don't plan on doing one or maybe "next year or whenever" just say so and I won't ask again but please give an answer other than ignoring the post. Thanks very much, notech

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:24 pm 

Hi notech,

I'd like give you an update on this. The Linux GUI support is still in our schedule and related work has started. We already have a very basic version, but still need sometime to refine it.

However, this feature does not have high priority comparing to other features we are working on. As you may know we have limited resources and we always spend more time on the features most users request for. So we adjust the schedule often. If more users request for it, we will change too.

We also plan to provide API/SDK for Linux in the future, so that Linux users can develop their own apps.

Btw, as Luke said, it's a mid-term plan and we won't include it in the next release and next Pro update.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:13 pm 

Could you give us an update on the status of the gui for linux clients. Thanks very much for your product.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:45 pm 

It has been 7 months since you gave an update on the GUI for the linux version. At that time you said "We already have a very basic version, but still need sometime to refine it." Can/will you give us one now?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:02 pm 

kevinz, It has been 7 months since you gave an update on the GUI for the linux version. At that time you said "We already have a very basic version, but still need sometime to refine it." Can/will you give us one now?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:39 pm 

kevinz, It has been 7 months since you gave an update on the GUI for the linux version. At that time you said "We already have a very basic version, but still need sometime to refine it." Can/will you give us one now? :?:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 am 

Hi kevinz, It has been 8 months since you gave an update on the GUI for the linux version. At that time you said "We already have a very basic version, but still need sometime to refine it." Can/will you give us one now or are you just going to keep ignoring my post since you have not intention of ever putting out a gui for linux. You did android looks like very little modification need to work with linux :?:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:15 pm 

Hi notech,

Thanks for your post. We haven't finished with the Linux UI yet, because we are lack of resources. We've been busy on a new product, which would be published soon. Comparing to it, Linux UI has less priority.

We respect your suggestions and will continue our work on the Linux UI once we get a chance.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 am 

Hi kevinz, Thanks very much for the linux gui update.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:35 am 

After installing python-wxgtk2.8 via the Ubuntu Software Center, I was able to get the NRClientX by huhu tiger to work. I'm using Natty 64-bit. It's a shame it hasn't been updated since February 2010.

I was having a heck of a time getting the NR client to start properly from the command line. It would always hang at "Connecting to NeoRouter Server". I think I've discovered that I need to include the '/usr/bin/' part to make it work; either by changing to that directory and running './nrclientcmd' or by running the entire command
Code:
/usr/bin/nrclientcmd
Somehow, if I left out the '/usr/bin/' part and just run 'nrclientcmd' from any random directory, the client would prompt for the domain/username/password, but it would never connect for some reason.

** UPDATE **
Scatch that. After a reboot, I'm having the same problem again, hangs at "Connecting to NeoRouter Server". Aargh! I tried renaming the interface from 'wlan0' to 'eth2', thinking that it would make a difference. Negative.