Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: In-a-box + Terminal server
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:19 pm 

After many frustrating hours and days, I Finally desided to ask some help..

I have a neorouter wrt54gl as a server and I have registered 3 clients to my domain. One of the clients is a Win 2k server behind this router and I should be able to connect to its terminal server with my Linux or Win 7 clients.. I managed to ping the w2k from wan, but now it is lost again. I havent managed to establish a terminal connection at all.

I probably havent understood everything right? i can see all computers in my network client, but thats it.

Thanks in advance

P.S
It would be nice If your site could offer very simple step-by-step -style manual to help the users. Now all info is spreaded around the site..

Post subject: Re: In-a-box + Terminal server
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 pm 

Hi Herez,

Thanks for your suggestion and we will improve it soon.

As you has registered already, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:

1.Double-check your server status:
Go to the site and test your server with public IP and port http://www.neorouter.com/checkport.php

For more information, please refer to
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... roperly.3F

2.From the Win 7 computer, please run the Configuration Explorer and log on, see if it works

3.On Linux or Win2k, run ifconfig or ipconfig check if the NeoRouter Virtual Adapter is enabled and a virtual IP address gets assigned to it, if ready, try ping

4.If cannot ping, please double-check your OS firewall and try to ping using the local ip address instead of the virtual IP

5.If still have problem, please help collect log file and send it to us.

For detail information about how to collect log file, please refer to http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... og_file.3F

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:24 am 

Hi Again

I can ping (virtual IPs) linux from win7 and vise versa, but I can not Ping w2k from these machines. From W2K i can ping its own virtual IP and neorouter ethernet connection seems to be OK and it obtains Free virtual IP address. I can not ping these others from w2k?. W2K does not have any software firewall

NRServer is up and running .

Do you have any idea, how to get logs out of the router, besides copy-pasting from terminal screen??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 am 

Hi Herez,

To generate log file for the server, on your wrt54gl, you can create a Log.ini file under

If you install the NRServer for Kamikaze, use
/usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems/NeoRouter

if you installed the NRServer for Tomato, use
/jffs

In the file you can specify the folder where the log file stores.

Check out http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... og_file.3F for the details

You can also generate the log file on the Win2k so that we can help to you to investigate it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:36 am 

Yep, i can generate logs to the jffs directory, but not to the remote site. it seems that there is no way to get the logs our of the box through ftp for example. logs are too big to be copy-pasted to the text file..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:05 am 

..OK, I jjust send logs to the support address..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 pm 

Hi Herez,

Thanks for your log file. I went through your log file and found several computers failed to connect to the server and they keep re-try. I noticed the error code (0x8081DB91) when the computer failed to connect and the code means the computer didn't register yet and the server cannot found the computer.

Generally, you may want to log on from your computer with Network explorer at least once to register the computer, then the server remember it and store the hardware id of it in the database. Next time the computer can connect to the server without logging in and run under the passive mode.

Your issue is more like the lack of space on your wrt54gl for the database file. From your description, I can see you are using Tomato and you can see your computer list before. Assume you registered these computers.

We received reports related to the similar issue on wrt54gl, that uses more flash and left less for file system. My wrt54gl with tomato can support less computers than ASUS 520gu, though they are claimed to have the same flash. In this case, you can use the openwrt kamikaze instead.

To prove this, you can try to install a NR Server on a computer, see if it works.

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:14 am 

Hi

I decided to give a last change to tomato, and noticed that JFFS had 64 KB of free space. So, I formatted it . Now it shows 120 KB. Is it enough ?
Nrservice seems to run on router (Checked with telnet + top command) and dashboard shows working server..

..Another problem. I had to install professional version, because free version's client didnt installed on W2k. Now I can not test my connection because license has expired????

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:33 pm 

Hi Herez,

If the /jffs has 120KB free space, it would be a good start.

Both NR Pro v1.0 and NR Free v1.1 support win2k. If you cannot make it work on win2k, please completely uninstall the exiting package and re-install again. It should be working. We discussed a lot in the forum.

After a complete uninstallation of NRPro, you can get a brand new evaluation license for a new 30 days.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team