Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: nrserver failed to start
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 am 

/Library/NeoRouter/nrserver failed to start due to error -2138973432.
I dont know how to fix this. Could use some help. New to NeoRouter

Post subject: Re: nrserver failed to start
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 am 

Hi James,

The error code means that nrserver does not have write access to /usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems/NeoRouter folder. Please run it as admin.
Please let me know if you have more questions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:17 am 

Hi,
sorry to seem ignorant but I am the only user on my mac, although I do use a password to log on. I am the admin. Is there something in my preferences I have to change to give nrserver access? I do not have a windows computer so I am trying to run the entire process through the command prompt.
Thank You

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:23 am 

Hi James,

please try "sudo nrserver [options]". for more info on sudo, please see http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/ ... udo.8.html.

Thanks,
Luke

PS, we are working on a nice Mac UI, and hopefully that will make things easier for Mac users. Stay tuned...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:35 pm 

Hi Luke
Am I supposed to type it in terminal? When I try typing in "sudo nrserver [options]" nothing happens. It merely says command not found. I even tried "sudo/Library/NeoRouter/nrserver" and neither works. I may be typing it in the wrong place or merely not using the correct command. Help is much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 pm 

Ok I got "sudo nrserver" to do something but that merely asks me for a password and doesnt let me type anything in there....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 pm 

Hi James,

Sorry my instruction was not very clear. let me give you more detailed instructions.
1) try typing "/Library/NeoRouter/nrserver --help" in a terminal, you should be able to see some help messages.
2) to create a user account, type "sudo /Library/NeoRouter/nrserver -adduser <USERNAME> <PASSWORD> admin", replace <USERNAME> and <PASSWORD> with the real name and password.
3) visit https://www.neorouter.com/Dashboard/CreateDomain.aspx and create a domain.
4) to set NeoRouter domain, type "sudo /Library/NeoRouter/nrserver -setdomain <DOMAINNAME> <DOMAINPASSWORD>". Domain name/password is from step 3).
5) set up port forwarding of 32976 in your router, if the server computer is behind a router.
6) install NeoRouter client package, double-click on nrclientcmd shortcut on the desktop to launch Network Explorer, then sign-in.
You should have a working NeoRouter VPN after these steps. The User's Manual (http://www.neorouter.com/Documents/nr_u ... l_10en.pdf) has more detailed instructions on the above steps.

Again, we are working on a graphic user interface for Mac, which should simplify the setup process. It is coming soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 pm 

Thanks alot Luke. I got the whole thing running now. The only other problem I have now is it keeps saying connecting to server but it never actually connects. Could this be because of a porting problem? Do I have to be connected to router through ethernet?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:09 pm 

Hi James,

Great progress!
To check port-forward, you can run safari on the nrserver computer, navigate to http://www.neorouter.com/checkport.php, then click check button. If port-forward is not setup properly, you will see some error message.
Another thing to try is to connect to nrserver using its LAN ip address. First, open a terminal on the nrserver computer and type "ifconfig" to get its LAN ip address. Then install nrclient on the same computer or a computer in the same physical LAN. Launch Network Explorer (nrclientcmd) and type in nrserver's LAN ip when you are prompted for domain.
User's Manual Chapter 7.1 more information on troubleshooting steps.
Let me know if you have more questions.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:14 pm 

Thanks Alot Luke,
I got into the server and everything seems to be running. Wen it says addcomputer I see his computer and says command <1 - 2>, cancel, quit
Do I need to add his computer if it already appears? And what must I do next so that he appears on my lan when I try and join games?