Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NeoRouter Client on Ubuntu 10.04 nrclientcmd hangs at signin
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:03 am 

I have Ubuntu 10.04. And after installing NeoRouter on various Windows Machines, I tried to install it on my Home Machine (Trying to get away from Windows) and upon starting the CLI Client via nrclientcmd, it hangs at either "Singing in." or "Connecting"

I tried to activate Logging, but I'm not sure I found the proper directory to install it in ( /usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems/NeoRouter$ ) since that is not where nrclientcmd resides. It resides in ( /usr/bin/ ).

uhmmm Help?

The NeoRouter Server resides on a Windows server at my Store since I have access to the router there to confige port forwarding. So all I want on my Ubuntu Machine is the client so I can access my Machines at the store from Home and vise-versa.

I'm not even going to attempt bridging or routing at the moment. Maybe after I get working with the client I'll look into network routing between my store network and Home network.

Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: NeoRouter Client on Ubuntu 10.04 nrclientcmd hangs at signin
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:00 am 

Hi mlsmith,

Please check if nrservice is running with ps or top command. If not, start it by /etc/init.d/nrclient.sh start or reboot the computer.

To log session to a file on Linux, you may want to create a Log.ini file manually and restart the application you want to investigate.

For more information about the logging, please check out here:
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... og_file.3F

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team