Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Need Assistance with Setting up Server on Mac OS X (10.3.9)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:56 am 

Hi all,

I am heading out of the country, and want to be able to connect back to my home network. The only issue is that my home computer is an older Mac (10.3.9). I understand that the version is supported. The installation appears to run ok. However, when trying to configure the server with the specified server name and password, I get the following output:

dyld: ./nrserver Undefined symbols:
./nrserver undefined reference to _pthread_join$UNIX2003 expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

I searched the forum for anything matching this, but couldn't find anything.

I am assuming this is an error related to the server not actually running yet. Not being familiar with Mac's control of services, I couldn't determine how to launch it.

I am also receiving errors from the checkport page when I try to check my public IP (at least, I believe its my public IP). Its the standard "The address "xxx:32976" is closed and the NeoRouter Server cannot be used at this time". I tried to configure the port forwarding for my Linksys router, as was specified. I also tried the port triggering.

The user's manuals were not very specific in how to set up the Mac OS X configuration. If you could please provide me some help for the following:

1) How to confirm that the server is running?
2) Step-by-step process for confirming the remainder of the installation is performed properly.

Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: Need Assistance with Setting up Server on Mac OS X (10.3.9)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:32 am 

hi mikeyj777,

NeoRouter does not support Mac OSX 10.3.9 "Panther".
We currently support OSX 10.4 "Tiger" PPC, 10.5 "Leopard" Intel and 10.6 "Snow Leopard" Intel. Please see http://neorouter.com/products.html for the system requirements.
Can you try to upgrade the OS to 10.4? Another option is to purchase an open-source router like LinkSys WRT54GL or Asus WL-520GU.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:59 pm 

Hi Luke, thank you so much for your response!

I will most likely need to get a new computer, as or old bucket doesn't support the newer o/s's.

I do have the linksys router you listed below. Is that something I can use to my favor here?

Thanks again for your help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:28 pm 

hi mikeyj777,

You can flash Linksys WRT54GL with OpenWrt Kamikaze and install NeoRouter server in-a-box package on it. We fully support it. Our user's manual have detailed installation instructions.
Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,
Luke