Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problems with FreeBSD install
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 pm 

To be clear upfront, I'm actually using FreeNAS, a FreeBSD-based server OS, that supports installing FreeBSD ports, (or so I read from the forums.) So I downloaded the FreeBSD version of neorouter server, but it will not install on my freeNAS macine, saying it cannot fetch from ftp://.....etc. So I browsed over to the FTP target it stated in the terminal, and could not even find the nrserver port in there! I wonder if there is something I have overlooked, or am doing wrong, or if neorouter is not supported in FreeNAS or what. I also noticed, when browsing the FreeBSD FTP site, all of the packages I saw where .tbz, and the downloaded package I get from the downloads page on the neorouter site is a .tgz package. I wonder if that would have something to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Problems with FreeBSD install
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:19 am 

Hi minus21,

NR for FreeBSD is released in tgz package instead of the port package, so it does not support port commands.

To install it, please refer to http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... or_FreeBSD

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: Problems with FreeBSD install
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:22 am 

That's what I was afraid you would say. Make install is not supported on Freenas, only pkg_add, and it seems that command only works on ports. (.tbz. maybe I'm wrong) It's a pretty in-depth process (at least for my level of expertise) to install make on FreeNAS. I ditched FreeNAS for now, and moved to Ubuntu 10.04 server edition, which is giving me a whole other set of headaches. Thanks for the response though!