Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Make it easy for Mac.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 am 

Hi, I have been trying to set up NR on my Mac. I have already downloaded and installed everything and only need to set up the server part. I read your instructions in the forum which are as follows :
3) visit https://www.neorouter.com/Dashboard/CreateDomain.aspx and create a domain.
4) to set NeoRouter domain, type "sudo /Library/NeoRouter/nrserver -setdomain <DOMAINNAME> <DOMAINPASSWORD>". Domain name/password is from step 3).
5) set up port forwarding of 32976 in your router, if the server computer is behind a router.
6) install NeoRouter client package, double-click on nrclientcmd shortcut on the desktop to launch Network Explorer, then sign-in.
My questions : <DOMAINNAME> Should I type that including the brackets? For example, if my domain name is nsk then should I type <nsk>?
Lot of people seem to be having this confusion especially those who are not familar with terminal.
Can you type that command for us like : Sp is space.
sudoSp/Library/NeoRouter/nrserverSp-setdomainSp<nsk>Sp<nsk123>Press Enter. Suppose you don't want us to type those brackets then:
----setdomainSpnskSpnsk123Press Enter
I have SnowLeopard, should I type sudo first or start with /Library?
About the port forwarding : How to find out if the port is behind a router? I am a home user.
I will really appreciate your help.
Thanks
----setdomainSpnskSpnsk123Press Enter
I have SnowLeopard, should I type sudo first or start with /Library?
About the port forwarding : How to find out if the port is behind a router? I am a home user. I will really appreciate your help.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Make it easy for Mac.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:33 pm 

Hi nsk,

Thanks for trying NeoRouter.

You don't need the brakes in the command setting domain or other parameters. For example: I have a domain "test" and password "testpassword", then I simply type the command in a terminal.
sudo /Library/NeoRouter/nrserver -setdomain test testpassword

Similar to the part command.

Note: All of these changes won't take into effect until you restart the nrservice. To be simply, you can reboot your Mac.

Then you can check if the server is running by the command:
ps aux|grep nrserver

After set port forwarding in your home router, you can go to the Dashboard site, log in and test the server. You will see the green light if it setup properly.

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team