Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mac - Signing in
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:50 am 

Hello,

I'm having some troubles to connect from my mac to my neorouter domain.
when I try to connect, (using the gui or even the command line), my client only shows the message "Signing in." (Client version: 1.5.0.2810)
If I try to connect from a windows XP (hosted at vmware fusion on my mac), I can connect pretty fast without any issue. But my Mac cannot connect to to neorouter.
I enabled the log In the remote server and couldn't see any "interesting"message there. (actually no messages from the connection attempt at all).

My setup is:
External neorouter server running ubuntu 10.04 (and latest nrserver).

My client is a macos 10.6 (firewall disabled)
Since I can connect from a guest system hosted at my macos, I don't think that its a network or server problem, probably a mac issue.

I couldn't find any way of gathering extra information from my mac client. any ideas of where to find extra information from the client or what could be happening?

btw, I'm using the latest version for nr clients and server.

thank you.

Post subject: Re: Mac - Signing in
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:19 am 

hi eduardosilva,

The best way to debug is probably to enable logging on the mac. Please create /usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems/NeoRouter/Log.ini and set Mask to 4294967295 (verbose).
- http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... og_file.3F
- http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... ationFiles find Log.ini template
Please send the log files for nrservice to support@neorouter.com.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:14 pm 

luke,

thanks for the info. I made the Log.ini file but I can't manage to find where it does store the log. I also tried to set a path but the log file isn't created.
without the argument Path, where the logs should be stored?

Code:
hades:NeoRouter eduardo$ cat /usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems/NeoRouter/Log.ini
[Default]
Mask=4294967295
Type=1
Path=/Users/eduardo/neorouter.log
hades:NeoRouter eduardo$ ls /usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems/NeoRouter/
CustomProperty.xml   Feature.ini          Log.ini              SoftwareUpdate.plist
hades:NeoRouter eduardo$ ls /Users/eduardo/neorouter.log
ls: /Users/eduardo/neorouter.log: No such file or directory
hades:NeoRouter eduardo$

I tried to close and reopen Neorouter client after editing Log.ini but can't see any log. (also tried without the Path argument)

Thank You.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:05 pm 

hi eduardosilva,

The path argument should be an existing directory, not including the file name. NeoRouter will create a new file for each session. You also need to make sure root:wheel has write access to it. To be simple, you can just put "Path=/usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems/NeoRouter/".

NeoRouter client for Mac has two components, NeoRouter.app (the GUI app that user launches) and nrservice daemon (launches automatically and runs in the background). nrservice log will be most useful in debugging the issue.

After creating Log.ini, you need to restart nrservice. the easiest way is to "sudo killall nrservice" and OSX will recreate the nrservice process immediately, and nrservice will start writing to logs. If you are not familiar with commands, reboot the computer will work too.

Then please launch NeoRouter.app (the GUI client), retry signing in. When you reproduce the issue, exit NeoRouter.app, then "sudo killall nrservice". Now your should have a complete log file called "nrservice***.log". Send it to support@neorouter.com.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:47 pm 

Hello luke,

After killing nrservice, neorouter "just worked", if this issue repeats I will contact support with the log files.

Thank you.