Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Android issue
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:02 am 

Installed the app on my Motorola Droid, got the server and two clients up and running. Made 3 accounts, all administrator, one for the server computer, one for the user computer, and one for the phone. Both computers connect fine, ping, shared desktop, file share, everything's good.

However, when I open the app and login to the server on the phone, it doesn't show up in the config management screen's computer list, or on either of the clients lists. Likewise, none of the computers show up in the droid's list and it can't connect to them. Any suggestions on what to do or thoughts on why this might be happening?

Post subject: Re: Android issue
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:39 am 

hi WhiteWolf128,

You do not need to create three accounts. Just create one user account and log on everywhere, including the android, using the same account. Your computer list will roam with you.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:27 pm 

I have the same problem. I have updated to the latest and greatest but to no avail. I have been able to either get a black screen and a indication that I am logged in through the Android by seeing it in the Network Configuration Explorer. Other than that ... I got nothing, no computer list .... nothing. Most of the time however, I can't even log in. I usually get "connection to Server cannot be established.

Right username, password, domain.

Latest version of Android firmware on Motorola Droid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:21 am 

hi mrzilla69,

Could you please first confirm that you can see the computer list when logging into a PC/Mac with the same user account?
On the Android, after log in, do you see the title bar saying "NeoRouter - user@domain"? What happens if you click on the menu button on the phone?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:15 am 

I initially had the same problem. The reason why it didn't work is stated above: apparently you need to log in with the same account on both computer and Android.
I initially had create a dedicated account for my Android phone and a dedicated account for my server PC. But the Android App would then just show that I'm logged in to the NeoRouter network, but the screen was blank/black with no computers listed.
So I just deleted that dedicated Android account and logged in with my admin account, and that worked.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:18 pm 

I have the same problem, I have only one user and I’m log on with him on my two desktop PC with windows7 one at work one at home and windows server 2003 an everything is working fine, but when I try to login on the Android 2.1 "Alcatel OT-891" nothing happens the screen is blank, after I try to log in I don’t see the title bar saying "NeoRouter - user@domain" What I’m doing wrong? The server "NeoRouter Free Server for Tomato Firmware v1.28" is installed on WRT 54GL v1.1.