Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Installing NeoRouter in RHEL5
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:18 pm 

Hi,

I'm trying to install NeoRouter in RHEL5. So far, it was smooth going until the point of the domain.

I created a domain on the dashboard, used the WEB Config on a windows connected through LAN as instructed. The IP i can see does update itself from time to time as the public IP changes. however, i am still unable to connect to the computer from Home. it keeps giving me
The address "202.186.x.xx:32976" is closed and the NeoRouter Server cannot be used at this time
and from the client, signin fail because connection to the server cannot be established
where the 202.186.x.xx is the public IP right?

Note:
1. I have turn off the firewall in the server.
2. I do not have access to the router.
3. IPchicken.com gives a different IP address than the dashboard and googling Public IP. what does this mean?

Please Help.. Thank You

Post subject: Re: Installing NeoRouter in RHEL5
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:26 am 

Hi sptham30,

You may want to setup port forwarding in your router to map the listening port of NR server from your private IP to the public, so that NR clients can access to it from anywhere.

If you don't have the access to your router, you probably cannot use NR Free/Pro. However, you can use NR Mesh service, which is a cloud VPN service and the servers are hosted and maintained by NeoRouter team. You just need to install NR Mesh clients and run.

http://www.neorouter.com/mesh/

In your case,
1.NR server keep updating with our backend server to sync your current public IP. That's why you can see the IP changed.

2.IPchicken.com gives you the IP of your current client. If your current client is in a different LAN from NR server, you will see different public IP.

Let us know if you have any question.

KevinZ - NeoRouter team