Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Web Application, certificate issue
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:02 pm 

I am using Neorouter since long time with Win and Mac and Android, all working smooth, thanks for the great SW. Now I am trying out the Web App and I am running in issues. The problem is following, I am using a real domain and port 443 to access the server, that also on mobile networks and on restrictive networks the Neorouter network works, the port 443 is always open (I travel a lot). So my server access looks like nr.domain.com:443, works perfect with all clients. With the Web App it does not, because it will ask for a exception to the certificate, but as the server does not answer the request, I can not add a exception in Firefox, in Chrome with web and also the Chrome App is same issue. Any idea how to tackle this issue? (port 443 is the only way I know of to make Neorouter working everywhere)

regards, Wolfgang

Post subject: Re: Web Application, certificate issue
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:43 pm 

hi wolfgang123usa,

Thanks for using NeoRouter.
Can you open https://nr.domain.com:443 in your browser? It should ask you to add certificate exception. We recommend using Chrome browser and it is less restrictive on self-signed certificate. If it works properly, you should see message "NeoRouter Server Ok" in the browser.
If that does not work, you can try the following to debug the issue:
1) please confirm that your server is the latest NR Free release.
2) Launch the Web Application on a computer inside the same LAN as nrserver, using nrserver's IP instead of your domain name, and see whether that works.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm 

Thanks for the fast response. I tried to open the domain in Firefox and in Chrome, but it seems the server never responded, so I could not add the exception. All my clients are newest version, but it is true the server is an older version on a Mac. Unfortunately I am currently in Austria and the server is in the US. Will try to remotely upgrade the server and test again. Will report back when done.
//Wolfgang

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:40 pm 

Hi Wolfgang,

NeoRouter Web Application is a new feature introduced in NRFree 1.7.0. It requires NR server 1.7.0 and above to work.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:30 am 

Have now upgraded the NR server on Mac, now Firefox and Chrome can go to NR server and I can set the exception :-) great.
My current setup is now a iMac with NR server in US and a MBP-pro in Europe with a W7 VM in fusion.

From Firefox in W7-VM with Web client and also with Firefox directly on OSX I can go to my US iMac's and use the VNC client in the Web App, is slow, but works.

When I use Chrome on W7-VM and also Chrome in OSX, the web client and also the Chrome App behave the same and I am able to see all my machines in network explorer in Chrome, but when I now right click and try to make VNC connection to my US iMac I get error Message: The connection to Neorouter server is interrupted, the Message is in small window with OK button, when I push the OK button, then I am getting also kicked out of the Network Explorer connection.

As the Chrome is behaving in same way on OSX, this can have nothing to do with my VM installation.

Only as side note: In web App of Chrome or Firefox in W7-VM, if you try to VNC to your MBP host.....you reach not the MBP, you reach your own W7 VM, if the VM has set the VNC server option set to on :-) Is intersting, because the VM is set in bridged mode and so has own IP address. I do not see any problem on this, but it is good to know this behavior.

Any idea what is causing the behavior in Chrome to get this error message?

regards, Wolfgang

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:12 am 

Hi Wolfgang,

You are likely hitting the same issue discussed in this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5013
We will fix this in our next release.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:54 pm 

Hi Wolfgang,

I just found out that this is a new issue. Google released Chrome 19 on May 31, and it is automatically pushed to all users. This new version breaks NeoRouter Web App.
We have fixed the issue and are working on a plan to release an update to users.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:14 am 

Hi Wolfgang,

This bug is fixed in NeoRouter Free v1.7.1 that we have released today.

Thanks,
Luke