Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NeoRouter in a box setup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:57 pm 

I have a few questions on setting up NeoRouter on a Netgear WNDR3800. I have successfully installed openWRT as well as NeoRouter, and can use the the Network Explorer to SSH into my router. So I know the connection is good and everything is running. What i would like to do, but am not exactly sure how to properly do it, is set it up for Site to Site routing. Instructions are pretty clear for setting up with a windows machine as the gateway but I was hoping to set up the router to be the gateway so a device connected to the router will be connected to ours. For example, we use a Shoretel phone system in which the phones are cannected to our network and are on a VLAN. Being able to connect to our domain would be a big plus as well but not required.

Essentially:
office network using 192.168.1.* for LAN, 192.168.150.* for network drives to data center, and 192.168.100.* for phone vlan

Remote site router set for 192.168.201.*

After trying a few things I thought would do it, I have ended up making my router inaccessible a few times so to avoid yet another fail-safe recovery, I figured I should see if any others out here have run into this or have a solution.

I'm trying it with the free version, but we do plan on using the Pro version when we deploy so a method that works for both would be good but would be fine if it can only be done in Pro.