Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Connect an unsupported device
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:50 am 

I've been running Neorouter for a while now for a small company with lots of locations, and it makes life much easier not having to figure out the new WAN IP address every time the modem has been reset.

So now that everything pretty much works via Neorouter, I come across a new problem.

A customer wants to install a people counter in their store, and that device uses internet to send statistics to the main server. It always worked via standard WAN-Port forwarding, but I want to transfer it to a neorouter. However, being proprietary software, I can't install NR on it.

Is there any way I can bridge a connection via NR-in-a-box or is there any other way I can link it to the NRserver?

Post subject: Re: Connect an unsupported device
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:07 pm 

hi rwesterh,

We are working on a new feature to support the requested functionality. We have built a prototype as a proof of concept and are working to finalize it as a product. If everything goes well, we will include it in our next release.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:30 am 

Sounds good. Could you make a sketch of the prototype so that I have an idea of how it's going to work? Or is that all top-secret?

If anything, when will the next release be? And is there a workaround I could use in the meantime?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm 

hi rwesterh,

No, it is not top-secret. We are not Apple ;). However, because the work is in a very early stage, we are still making (breaking) changes. So I prefer not to discuss in the forum at this time.
If you could shoot me an email to support (at) neorouter.com and provide more information on yourself and how you use NeoRouter, I can work with you and possibly let you try the prototype.

Thanks,
Luke