Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: OpenSuse free client 2.1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:10 pm 

I just installed the client in OpSu 13.1 and it didn't run. Here is what I discovered: installer attempts to run nrservice.sh, but no such file is installed. The file nrservice will run with the command "systemctl start nrservice" (installer command is "systemctl start nrservice.sh"). Interesetingly, if nrservice is run standalone (which also works), it requires the -dbroot variable, but this is not required when run as a service. I don't know where nrservice data defaults to, but I used this command, "nrservice -dbroot /tmp" before I realized I could run nrservice via the systemctl command.

Also, this was the first time I became aware of nrclient.sh, which runs nrclient.jar, an nrclient explorer gui. (I have always run nrclientcmd, not having been aware the java client existed.

I don't know if somehow this relates to OpSu 13.1 or if this is just the first time I have installed the 2.1 client. (I have the client running on multiple OpenSuSE installs, but perhaps I am running the 2.0 version on them and not 2.1.) I hope this information assists someone else.

I wonder if there is an easy way to create an addon for the browser that would launch my existing linux rdp and vnc clients, passing through the VNC IP assignment?