Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: OS X Clients Cant Connect
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:50 am 

I have a NR Server running on Raspberry Pi box. All of my PC clients can connect (over LAN and WAN -- no problem). Users however trying to connect over Macs, iPhones, etc get a failure to connect error message. Is there a setting or other thing that is preventing OS X connectivity?

Post subject: Re: OS X Clients Cant Connect
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:26 pm 

Hi tjones34,

There is NO limit to OS X. It's like application level issue. What's the error message? Can you sign in to the NR server?
If you connect from a mac to other machines, make sure you can sign in to NR server and the tun/tap device has been installed on it.

If you want to vnc to your OS X, you may want to enable screen sharing on the OS X. If you want to ssh to it, make sure the sshd is up.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:17 pm 

First, thank you for your very quick response.

With regard to Mac/Ios clients (tried on two macs in different locations/ISPs and an iphone), neither the installed client or the portable client will connect. When I say wont connect, I mean that i cant even sign into my domain. It just says something to the effect of Failure to Connect/Domain not available. So I cant even get to the stage of picking to VPN, etc. In fact,all I want to do is access a file. I have tried turning off the firewall on client, but that doesnt help either.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:10 pm 

The actual error message vary between :

1 neorouter remote access client... the server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed computers Code 0x106

2 Can not connect to server

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:10 pm 

hi,

If you get error that says "exceeded the maximum number", probably the license slots are used up. Try to delete a computer from NR Config Explorer or NR Web Console ( to release a slot), then try it.

If it just cannot connect to the domain, try to sign in using the IP address or your NR server. If NR domain works for other PCs, please help collect log file of the NR client service (daemon on MAC) and send it to us so that we can help you to investigate it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:01 pm 

I realize that the exceeded max computers is because of the mobile limit. I was just trying to test as many OSX devices as possible. I really am just interested in doing this on a mac.

Where can I find instructions on how to create a log and once I have that how do I send it to you? Is it safe to attach a file like that to a public post? Will it have password info in it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:30 pm 

For generating log file, please refer to http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... og_file.3F

You can send the log file to our support email account so that we can help you out.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:29 pm 

Kevin,

I have isolated issue to just macs. IPhone works (2 of them). Is there some setting on Macs (other than turning off firewall) that could be preventing access as a client to a server hosted on raspbian?