Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: clients keep reconnecting
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:24 pm 

Hello all,

i am new to neoroute, so i wanted to try before i buy.

i installed neorouter free server on a CentOS 7 core server, wich was pretty easy, port forwarded the default port and checked if server was reachable, which it was.

connecting with the client also works, but after 10 seconds it goed into reconnect mode.
same happens if i try on other pc's.

sometimes even my entire network drops, when i browse the net it sas stuff like ERR_NETWORD_CHANGED.

i can't find any logs on the server, so if someone could point me to the right direct, would be great !

Post subject: Re: clients keep reconnecting
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:56 am 

thank you all for no reply, solved the problem myself. this is not a good sign for my company to invest in this product. i know there is a limited amount of help on the forum's. but we expected at least some reply's.

it had to do with the office network not configured correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:19 am 

Hi joshuadjm,

You can send an email to our support email address or leave a message on the Contact page, we will help you asap. Though we may answer some questions posted on the forum periodically, it may be delayed, as it's a user to user forum basically.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:20 pm 

I had a similar issue and managed to resolve it.

I upgraded a machine from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1, and after that it wouldn't stay connected to my NeoRouter Server. It was related to the fact I preserved the computer name after reinstalling.

A computer with same name was already present in the server's Computers List and there was a conflict about that. It wouldn't update the existing record and wouldn't create a new one, and not only that but for the brief seconds it remained connected it was using a IP address that was already assigned to another machine.

I tried to resolve it by deleting the existing record but it wasn't very helpful (maybe I should've restarted the NeoRouter Server and check again), but in any case all I had to do was rename my computer and the problem was gone.

And yes, I realize this forums is for other systems, but since the problem wasn't system related I thought this information could be helpful.