Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Client on OSX Sierra Spinning at signing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:30 am 

I have installed nrclient 2.3.2.4450-free-osx-x86 and tap4osx onto maxOS Sierra 10.12.
When I try and connect to a server that I can connect to with windows the client OSX sits there with the spinning wheel and the words Signin in progress.

running ifconfig I can see a utun0 device.

I don't know what further debugging I can do.

Additional Info.
I am trying to connect directly to the neorouter server which is on the same subnet using the IP address.

Post subject: Re: Client on OSX Sierra Spinning at signing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:00 am 

Hi IanL01,

Please check if NR server is running and make sure you can connect to it from the same machine using NR Config Explorer or NR Web Console.

If NR server is running, go back to the Mac box, check if the NR client service (nrservice) is up and running. Try to restart it or reboot your box, then try log in from NR client UI.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:51 pm 

Hi KevinZ,

That was the problem nrservice was not running. Starting that first and I can connect with the client.
Should there be a Launch script or do I need to start it from the command line each time?

Thank

IanL01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:25 pm 

Hi IanL01,

NR client service should have started automatically when mac boots. If not, something happens. You can manually start. If it keep failing, may need log file to investigate it.

Please take a look at this:
neorouter.com/wiki/index.php/NeoRouterWiki:ClientSetup#Install_NeoRouter_Client_for_Mac

Thanks,
KevinZ - Neorouter team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:17 am 

Hi KevinZ,

Thank for the quick response. Checked out the wiki. Have found that I can start the service from the command line using "launchctl load nrservice.plist" and the service runs. However, it does not appear to run when the machine is booted up. I have searched the override flies in /private/var/db/launchd.db and cannot see that it has been overridden and don't see and errors in the console.

From what I am seeing this is not a nerouter issue but a macOS issue, which I need to explore further.

Thank for your help.

Additional:

I have found that there is an entry in /private/var/db/com.apple.xpc.launchd/disabled.plist
<key>com.neorouter.nrservice</key>
<true/>
Unquote

I have edited the file to change the true to false, but at boot time something changes it back to true.

I can get the service to run at boot by changing the label to string by adding an additional n <string>com.neorouter.nnrservice</string> The program then runs at start up.

So there appears to be something that wants to stop nerorouter service and or server running at boot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:51 am 

Problem solved.

I booted into recovery mode

edited /private/var/db/com.apple.xpc.launchd/disabled.plist for nrsrvice from true to false.

Rebooted the computer and now nrservice runs at boot time.

Looks as if when I upgraded to Sierra the upgrade process may have change the status to prevent the older version of neorouter from running.