Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can't see PC on Android
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:33 pm 

I'm able to sign in to the server but I don't see the any computers on the network. The port goes to the IP address of the server computer only and checked on the NR dashboard and it was Green (Fine)

I tried to add a dynamic port forward but it gives me an error "invalid input" or something like that. DROID X 2.2 + Windows 7 (Server)

Post subject: Re: Can't see PC on Android
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:59 am 

hi venc,

Thank you for trying NeoRouter.
Have you installed NeoRouter client on the Windows 7 computer and added the computer to the Network Explorer list?
The port forward editing error is resolved in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4400.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 pm 

Hi yes I didn't know I had to install the client on the server pc to see it.. I can see it on my mac and the same pc, but I can't do anything else.

I don't have access to it as remote desktop. I don't know what am I missing. Do I need a separate VNC client to access it? I can only see the option for remote desktop on the Windows client (on server pc) but gives me an error saying that it cannot connect or something (has 3 possible reasons).

I'm good with pcs but noob to this programs (was going to try logmein until found this program)

Thanks for the reply!!

EDIT:

I see it now on my android and longpress the pc and hit VNC but just gives me a message and thats it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 pm 

hi venc,

You have made good progress. :)
You will need to install a separate RDP/VNC client on your Android phone. Android Market has quite a few VNC apps you can use. I recommend WYSE's PocketCloud app, because it works well and is free.
After you long-press on the remote computer and select VNC, NeoRouter will open a virtual network tunnel between your phone and the remote computer. Then you need to run the VNC app, connect to "localhost port 32973". NeoRouter will forward this connection to the remote computer and allow you to view its desktop.
We have user's guide here: http://www.neorouter.com/android/quickstart.html. It may be helpful for you.
Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:34 pm 

Thank you luke,

What about on a mac? There is no option on the client. Do I follow similar steps as in android or do I have to input the location/port of my pc directly like I would do if I was using a VNC server?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:50 pm 

hi venc,

NeoRouter for Mac is a full client with tap driver support, so you do not need to setup tcp port forward like on Android.
To connect to VNC server, you simply need two steps:
a) launch NeoRouter and log in to your domain
b) launch VNC client, type remote computer's virtual address 10.0.0.*, and connect.
If the VNC client you use supports apple script, you can add it to the launch pad and make step b) even easier. See User's Manual "3.3.3 Manage Add-Ons (Mac)" for details.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:04 am 

Cool thanks!!

Gotta say, although it requires a more work than logmein you guys (assuming you are the developer if not still :) ) have great CS.

If you guys can make it as easy as Logmein you really can take a nice batch of their customers, this has A LOT of potential. I know my dad would love this but being older doesn't like anything more complicated than a few clicks.

Thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:45 am 

Are you pulling down your notification bar, clicking the notification then hitting the "Connect USB storage" button? You can also get to this by Menu > Settings > Wireless and network > USB utilities and hit "Connect storage to PC". In this case, you will plug in your phone after you hit the button.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:54 am 

I tried to add a dynamic port forward but it gives me an error "invalid input" or something like that. DROID X 2.2 + Windows 7 (Server)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:05 am 

Great information.Thanks for your valuable reply. :) well done