Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: what is my username?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 pm 

I was not offered to create a username when I created my domain. Also, once I succeed in logging into my remote server, can I maintain the connection and use other applications to access it? My purpose is greater than basic file browsing at the command line.

Post subject: Re: what is my username?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:49 pm 

Thank you for trying NeoRouter.

If NR server is installed on Linux or Mac, you can log in NR using the same username and password as your operating system. NR will rely on the OS to authenticate user and automatically create a "linked" account in NR database.
For more information, please see this wiki article: http://neorouter.com/wiki/index.php/Neo ... er#Sign_In

Yes, NR will maintain the connection for you and you can use other application to access the remote computer. NR will create a virtual LAN among all your computers and you can connect to any computer. NR will also establish direct P2P connection as needed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 pm 

Gotcha. Success with login. But perhaps I misunderstand the whole process. If I want to connect to a remote computer, should I be connecting from the server or client? When I login from a client using the credentials of the server, I don't get a computer list, even after I've added one (the client). Did I do this backward?

Ultimately, I want to connect to a database located on the remote computer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:33 am 

You need to install both nrserver and nrclient packages on your server computer, then add it to your computer list as well. Then you will be able to make connections.

nrserver program is used to authenticate client computers and mediate connections, but it can not join a computer into a Virtual LAN. To create a VLAN and make connections among computers, you need to install nrclient on all of them.