Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Will NeoRouter Mesh remain free for 5 users after the beta?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 pm 

Will the NeoRouter Mesh hosted VPN service continue to be free for 5 licences after the beta period is over?

I'm having problem setting this up so I just want to make sure it is worth the effort to get it working since I only plan on using this on 2 Linux computers and a tablet.

Thanks for making this service!

Post subject: Re: Will NeoRouter Mesh remain free for 5 users after the beta?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 am 

Hi lucasrangit,

Thanks for your post. We haven't make decision on the policy yet, as it's in the beta phase. But any suggestion will be appreciated and we will consider it seriously.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 pm 

Hi kevinz,
is NRMesh out of beta?

My trial has expired, and apparently I only have the option to buy a license.
I am a private user, and a 5-user license is more than enough for me. Did you decide if NeoRouter Mesh will remain free for the 5-user license?

I am not sure about my present (expired) license. The dashboard page says:

Product: NeoRouter Mesh
Number of Licenses: 15
Free Trial Ends by (UTC): Sunday, December 18, 2011

I thought I had signed for a free 5-users license. What's the meaning of "Number of licenses: 15" ?

Thank you in advance!

Bye
Cris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:02 pm 

Hi Cris70,

Thanks for trying NeoRouter Mesh.

Since the license number for the new trial users has been changed to 15, so you may see it's 15 instead of 5.

I'd like to clarify a little bit in case some other users get confused.

NR Mesh is out of beta for a month. It's free for trial for 14 days with 15 licenses, then need to subscribe the monthly plan.

For more information please refer to http://www.neorouter.com/products.html

The existing beta trial users are still available (free) until it's expired, but one can subscribe any plan any time and the license status will be updated automatically.

Let us know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:24 pm 

Kevinz,
my suggestion is to lower the minimum number of licenses.
While 1$ per user per month is a very fair amount, having a minimum license of 15 users puts it outside a lot of pockets.
At least I know I would be willing to spend 5$/month for a 5 user license, but can't spend 15$/month.

Bye
Cris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:37 pm 

I think as a reward for beta testing your product, those who subscribed during the beta testing phase should be allowed to keep using their 5 free user licenses. It's the decent thing to do. So many companies use you as a beta tester to prefect a marketable product, then dump you once they are ready to sell their software. I hope NeoRouter doesn't turn into one of those companies. I love your products and services, and if my company grows, I will look to you guys to provide my networking services in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:24 am 

Unfortunately, it turned out that NeoRouter is exactly *that* kind of company :-(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:14 am 

Cris70 wrote:
Unfortunately, it turned out that NeoRouter is exactly *that* kind of company :-(

I think that's a little unfair as they do offer a free package that requires your own resources and keeping a machine on to support it, and that has a cost attached in the way of power and maintenance etc.

Neorouter isn't some mega corp. and the Mesh service requires an investment in hardware and other associated costs such as development, management etc. I'm all in favour of things being free but not at the expense of others.

The costs required to run the free NeoRouter service would probably be quite close to the costs of a basic Mesh subscription. Obviously your NeoRouter server machine would be doing other tasks which would off set the costs but there is a price to pay.

I would agree with an earlier comment about having a low cost ($4.99 pm?) 5 user license maybe restricted to private use with no official support, other than the forum. Or perhaps 5 support tickets a year or one months support at the beginning something along those lines.

A return of $5 pm from a number of enthusiastic users is better than $0 from people sitting on the sidelines.

I think an option like that would increase awareness of the Mesh and NeoRouter generally. If people are using something personally they are much more likely to suggest it's use in a work environment.