Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problem changing virtual IP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:33 am 

I updated my server and all clients to the latest version of NR Pro. One of the new features is the ability to change the Virtual IP. I decided to reorganize the client computers in a more logical IP order. I realize it really makes no difference, but thought I'd try anyway.

The problem I'm having is I can't reassign anything to 10.x.x.7. There hasn't been a machine at that IP for a while now, so it should be available. When I check status with 'nrclientcmd' or the Web Console they only show the computers I'm currently using and none of those are at 7. I get a message saying "Cannot change to the specified virtual IP address, as it may be invalid or existing. Please check the information and try again. Error Code=1". All other IPs I tried worked fine. I have rebooted the server and all client machines several times to no avail.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this error? Is there a config file that I might be able to manually edit in the case that there is a lingering assignment that didn't get cleared for some reason?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Problem changing virtual IP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:53 pm 

Hi gwhelchel,

Since v2.x, NeoRouter server automatically allocates a virtual IP address to the internal web gateway to handle the NR web clients. If you upgrade from v1.x, it may use the last valid IP.

Try to use other virtual IP in the range. If you really need the specific IP, you can turn off the web gateway (in Feature.ini), but it means you cannot use NR web console and web client.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: Problem changing virtual IP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:15 am 

Hi mikeloeven,

To turn off webgateway, you may want to add the following line in the Feature.ini file and restart the NR server. This setting will also turn off your NR web console and web client.

Code:
WebGateway=0

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team