Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Client can't connect to server after upgrade Free to Pro
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:56 pm 

I had NR Free working great with a server (Win Server 2008) and multiple clients (WinXP & Win7)

Decided to try Pro for 30-days, so upgraded one XP client and failed to connect. Then upgraded server and rebooted. Also rebooted client. Now client connection hangs forever on Connecting to NeoRouter Client Service

Checked server connection on your page and it is good, using the same custom port as before.

My other clients that are still running free give me the "application edition not compatible with the server" which tells me they can see the server but I need to upgrade them to Pro.

What could be going wrong with the connection between Pro client and Pro Server?

Post subject: Re: Client can't connect to server after upgrade Free to Pro
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:01 pm 

Tried logging session and see am getting this every 2 seconds:

2015-05-29 21:58:11,721|10160|09404| |+[CUIRPCSocket::_ConnectOrListen]
2015-05-29 21:58:11,721|10160|09404| | +[CUIRPCSocket::_Connect]
2015-05-29 21:58:12,627|10160|09404| | -[CUIRPCSocket::_Connect](hr=0x8007274d)
2015-05-29 21:58:12,627|10160|09404| |-[CUIRPCSocket::_ConnectOrListen](hr=0x8007274d)

Note that I am on same local LAN with server and am connecting via IP and port which is what was working with the free version

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:58 am 

HI jacobsee,

NR Free client is not compatible with NR Pro server; while NR Pro client can access NR Free server or NR Mesh service.

Please install NR Pro client on those machine and it will be fine.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:41 pm 

Kevin,

I understand the not-compatible message. What I am really asking for help with is why is my Pro client hanging when trying to connect to the Pro server?

Thanks,
Eric

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:58 am 

So could never connect with NeoRouter Pro (using Pro client), so I uninstalled on my sever and installed the newest version of Neorouter free. Now I can't even login on the server to configure it. Tried with my domain name, with and without the port #, and using the local IP (127.0.0.1). I did a reboot.

Note that I am using a custom port #, not the default. This appears to persist between uninstall/reinstall.

Error message:

---------------------------
NeoRouter Configuration Explorer
Signin failed because connection to server cannot be established.
[hr=0x80004005]
OK

I did have it working great with NR Free originally, what can I check to clean things off start fresh?

something else I noticed, doing ipconfig gives this:

Ethernet adapter NeoRouter Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Not sure if this is normal or not.

Now the weird thing is that throughout this at every stage, I can go to the dashboard and check domain status and I get a green light: The address "X.X.X.X:32971" is open and the NeoRouter Server is active.

----

Just uninstalled on the server again. this time when I check domain status I get:

The address "X.X.X.X:32971" is closed and the NeoRouter Server cannot be used at this time

so that tells me my server install is working as far as domain status goes, but I am having trouble logging in, either locally or over the local network, or from outside.

are there issues with using a custom port #?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:20 am 

Hi jacobsee,

Can you follow the steps below to troubleshot the issue?

0.If you want to backup your server's database, please backup the file under C:\ProgramData\ZebraNetworkSystems\NeoRouter\*.db ; other file can be removed and regenerated by NR.
1. Go to the server machine, uninstall NeoRouter completely, and manually delete the folder C:\ProgramData\ZebraNetworkSystems\NeoRouter if it still exists.
2. Install NR server , it will prompt you for the existing domain name and an admin user account; then it will create a new database; now everything is fresh new.
3. Launch NR Configuration Explorer, sign in to "127.0.0.1:32976" . You should be able to get in. Let us know if cannot.
4. Change the port to what you want; make sure the port is not used by any app on the server.It will ask you to restart NR server. At the moment, you NR Configuration Explorer will lost connection, as NR server stop and start.
5. Launch NR Configuration Explorer, sign in to "127.0.0.1:xxxx" with your new port. You should be able to get in. Let us know if cannot.

If everything is ok, you can change the port mapping pointing to this server/port.

Let us know if any problem.

Btw, 1) virtual network adapter will be up until one sign in from NR client 2) the log info you put in the previous posts are from NR client UI. To troubleshoot, please provide the log file or NR client service. 3) anyway those error codes indicate it cannot connect to the server.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team