Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sync Question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:06 am 

I have NeoRouter Pro setup between two locations. Location 1 has windows 7 Pro box as a client, location 2 has windows 7 pro box as a server. Iomega IX2-200 NAS running on local network with the server box. I would like to sync info from client to NAS behind server. So far I have not been able to make this work. I have tried mapping the NAS drive to the server but no luck. Not sure if windows won't allow it or if it's an authentication issue.

Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Sync Question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:44 pm 

klaytos,

If I understand correctly, you failed to map NAS to your server. If so, more like network issue in your local network. try to pin the NAS from your server, then make sure both sides support the protocol the NAS uses.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:21 am 

I mapped the NAS to the server but it cannot be seen from clients.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:55 am 

When I am on the same local network as the server and the mapped NAS I can connect to the NAS through the mapped drive using Neorouter. It is when I am at the other location I am unable to connect to the NAS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:30 pm 

im no expert but it sounds like a basic statics routes problem, on the second network (the one without the Nas server). do the clients know to send information over the Neo router connection for the Nas? their probably looking locally for the Nas and not using the Neo router connection. Make sure to send neo router connection (10.10.*.*) to the neo router Site to site connection server for remote routing.
this is purely an assumption as I haven't ever used the product, I use RRAS site to site routing.