Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: UltraVNC Single Click
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:26 pm 

I have been trying to get UltraVNC SC to work over the NeoRouter connection but haven't had any success. I have no problems using the full version of UltraVNC with a server at the other end. This works great.
What I would like to do is launch NeoRouter Portable on a clients machine and then run UltraVNC SC to connect to my Laptop, so that no matter where I am, I can help my clients, and at the end of a session all of the software removes itself.

All of my tests have been on the LAN using port 5500
Firewall set to allow VNC & NeoRouter
VNCViewer -listen on the recieving PC.
A small proggie called remote.exe on the sending pc, which I just have to enter my IP Address.
Works if I use the IP assigned by the router, but not the ip assigned by NeoRouter (full install -or- portable version) 2 different PC's

By the way, IMHO, NeoRouter is excellent. Much better than the 'Brand H' one. :D

Post subject: Re: UltraVNC Single Click
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:52 am 

Hi Endless Loop,

Thanks for your post. I think it may work in this way.

1.In your laptop, you may want to install NeoRouter full version and run either ultravnc server or SC. You cannot use the Portable version here, as it's designed not to support applications running as a server.

2.Your client can use NeoRouter portable and add the UltraVNC SC as an add-on ( or you can make a new add-on so that your client and install it easily). The UltraVNC SC would work as a VNC client from NeoRouter portable ONLY when it's running as an add-on, so that NeoRouter viewer can know it uses the neorouter virtual network instead of the OS network.

To simplify the add-on installation process, you can also use the NeoRouter for USB, which allows you to make the sign in and install an add-on automatically, so that your client just need to run your package and it connects to your VNC server autotmatically.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: UltraVNC Single Click
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:23 am 

Your client can use NeoRouter portable and add the UltraVNC SC as an add-on ( or you can make a new add-on so that your client and install it easily). The UltraVNC SC would work as a VNC client from NeoRouter portable ONLY when it's running as an add-on, so that NeoRouter viewer can know it uses the neorouter virtual network instead of the OS network???