Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to hide my IP from the clients?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:34 pm 

Hi. I'm running a NeoRouter server on my machine and I wonder if there is a way to hide my real IP adress from the clients who connect to me. I tried to use the default Proxy option, but it doesn't do the thing and as I understand, it shouldn't. I know that I can install NeoRouter server on some 3rd party machine and choose an option "Relay through server" on my local machine, while running only a client on my local machine. But that requires full access to that 3rd party computer which I don't possess (nor computer or access). I know there should also be a way of doing this by using a free registered shell and a configured reverse proxy on it, but, again, it's too big and complicated for me. So I wonder if there is an easier way to proxify the connection between me and the client using simple public proxy services (like tor) or something else that doesn't require so much pain. thx

Post subject: Re: How to hide my IP from the clients?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:41 am 

Hi secretroom,

Basically your clients just need to know the NeoRouter domain name when he connects to the VLAN and know the virtual IP of your computer to connect to your PC. There is no need to tell your clients any public IP you have.

But it's possible that your clients may investigate the public IP of your NR Server with some tools, unless you use some proxy server like you mentioned.

If it is your concern, please wait for our VPN service coming in couple of months, then you don't need to setup your server anymore.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:44 pm 

Quote:
But it's possible that your clients may investigate the public IP of your NR Server with some tools, unless you use some proxy server like you mentioned.
Yes. That's what I'm talking about. But how do I use proxy with NeoRouter? I mean when you point to a client a proxy address and the client attempts to connect to NeoRouter server with this adress, it's like a back-connection and the proxy server just doesn't "know" that it should forward all the traffic to me, right? Especially if more than one person uses this proxy. So, how do I set up a proxy that would forward all the requests to me?

Quote:
If it is your concern, please wait for our VPN service coming in couple of months, then you don't need to setup your server anymore.
You mean that there will be a server on your side that me and my clients would be able to use personally? As our own server? And we will also be able to relay all the data through it, without revealing our real IP addresses? If this is the case, that would be cool. But how much would it cost to rent your own server? I'm not a company or something to pay high prices, I'm just a person who cares about security )
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:42 pm 

you can use some IP hider software. there are loads of such software online. Or you can use an external proxy server. This could mask your IP with a fake IP address. You can check your IP details from http://www.ip-details.com to see the difference.

Last edited by aneerak on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm 

Hope it helps you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:09 am 

To hide your IP use VPN service like HIDE-MY-IP. They mask your true IP by letting you to choose which IP and from what country you want. I've tried many VPNs (there are quite much of them on the Web) but I stick to them now. They offer cheapest services and have excellent support. ;) ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:28 am 

Can you please point out the obvious? Once I'm logged in through the dashboard, does that mean any surfing from any browser is anonymous, or do I still need to use a special browser like TOR?

I am connecting my laptop through a hotspot on my phone, and when I click on the internet connection status on the taskbar, the dialog that pops shows my Verizon hotspot connection and an HMAVPN connection that doesn't seem to be connected. When I click on that it asks for a user name, password, and domain. What's the domain name I should use?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:39 am 

George12 wrote:
To hide your IP use VPN service like HIDE-MY-IP. They mask your true IP by letting you to choose which IP and from what country you want. I've tried many VPNs (there are quite much of them on the Web) but I stick to them now. They offer cheapest services and have excellent support. ;) ;)

i have tried many times hidemyass and ip changer also, but cant hide my ip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:54 am 

premieritzone wrote:
George12 wrote:

i have tried many times hidemyass and ip changer also, but cant hide my ip

you should try real hide ip pro, i have already used the software,