Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NEWBIE: is anybody connected through LTE modem?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:24 pm 

Hallo everybody. I need to link 2 LANs with neorouter free VPN. Both gateways are 4g LTE modems wich have external ip address NAT POOL (maybe even NAT traversal). Port check fails on both sides. Using neorouter mesh I can't see any computer to add. Do I have any chance of making neorouter work?
Another question: is it a requirement for neorouter client on Windows 7 to activate all Microsoft network components such as computer browser, sharing, netbios and so on? I mean: is it possible to set up network services on windows7 different from Microsoft standard and put them inside neorouter domain?
[by the way: all firewall services were down while I was testing neorouter]

Post subject: Re: NEWBIE: is anybody connected through LTE modem?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:11 am 

Hi GreenOnion,

Thanks for your post.

NR v2.x doesn't support site-to-site VPN. So you cannot use NR to build a VLAN without installing NR client on a computer/device. If you would install NR client on your devices, after signing into the either NR Free server or NR Mesh domain, you will be able to see them in the computer list. With NR Mesh/Pro, the NR built-in ACL rules/firewall allows you to manage the service at port level (besides OS firewall) or protocol level; however NR Free doesn't support this feature.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:43 pm 

Greetings. I have a similar question. We have established a video surveillance system (IP cameras and Blue Iris software) at a remote location, without direct access to broadband Internet. We are using an LTE modem (Netgear LB 1120) to access the Internet, via the Verizon mobile network, for sending MMS alert messages when motion is detected by our cameras. It appears that Verizon blocks attempts to establish servers (e.g., the BI Web Server) on their network. NeoRouter has been suggested as a solution for establishing remote access to our Windows 10 desktop PC running the Blue Iris software, so we could perform remote maintenance and occasional monitoring of the system. My question is: can NeoRouter perform this function? I'm assuming we would establish an NR server at my residence (with broadband Internet access) and an NR client at the remote site. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 am 

As NR v2.x doesn't support site-to-site VPN, you can'tt use it to build a VLAN without installing NR client on a computer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 pm 

CharlieG wrote:
Greetings. I have a similar question. We have established a video surveillance system (IP cameras and Blue Iris software) at a remote location, without direct access to broadband Internet. We are using an LTE modem (Netgear LB 1120) to access the Internet, via the Verizon mobile network, for sending MMS alert messages when motion is detected by our cameras. It appears that Verizon blocks attempts to establish servers (e.g., the BI Web Server) on their network. NeoRouter has been suggested as a solution for establishing remote access to our Windows 10 desktop PC running the Blue Iris software, so we could perform remote maintenance and occasional monitoring of the system. My question is: can NeoRouter perform this function? I'm assuming we would establish an NR server at my residence (with broadband Internet access) and an NR client at the remote site. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, this will work just fine. Just setup a port forward at your residence for the neorouter server. When setting up the client, just make sure to tick the boxes to Connect automatically on start and login automatically.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:26 pm 

Yes, I am using LTE modem. The 4G speed is very fast. My internet connection is good for web surfing, photo uploading and enjoy music and movies. All are opening very fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:43 am 

Oh I had a similar problem. Thank you for helping us solve it.