Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can not connect with domain name
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:49 pm 

Hello, I am trying to use NeoRouter in my home network - ADSL modem Paradyne 6218 as a router, desktop 192.168.1.12 (static IP) and laptop 192.168.1.11 (dynamic IP).
Currently working on to adjust server on desktop 192.168.1.12. Results are positive in general and I can login in Configuration Explorer as "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" but failed when put domain name. Nothing happened in that case, just login screen is refreshed. I am sure that my domain name is already in your database. It was confirmed once during NeoRouter reinstallation.
I was reading most of forum posts and got knowledge on details with UPnP, ConnSrv.exe, firewall adjustment, etc. I understand that the task is to forward port 32976 to the computer with NeoRouter server and solving this.
Question what I have to you related with the check of neorouter. com connectivity.
ping neorouter. com [209.183.10.178] failed - request timed out.
telnet neorouter. com:443 failed - Connecting To neorouter. com:443...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed.
Check of neorouter. com:443, :32976 from external sites shows no opened ports.
Should I confirm connectivity somehow?

Thanks,
Mikhail

Post subject: Re: Can not connect with domain name
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:19 pm 

leeaberfa wrote:
Hello, I am trying to use NeoRouter in my home network - ADSL modem Paradyne 6218 as a router, desktop 192.168.1.12 (static IP) and laptop 192.168.1.11 (dynamic IP).
Currently working on to adjust server on desktop 192.168.1.12. Results are positive in general and I can login in Configuration Explorer as "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" but failed when put domain name. Nothing happened in that case, just login screen is refreshed. I am sure that my domain name is already in your database. It was confirmed once during NeoRouter reinstallation.
I was reading most of forum posts and got knowledge on details with UPnP, ConnSrv.exe, firewall adjustment, etc. I understand that the task is to forward port 32976 to the computer with NeoRouter server and solving this.
Question what I have to you related with the check of neorouter. com connectivity.
ping neorouter. com [209.183.10.178] failed - request timed out.
telnet neorouter. com:443 failed - Connecting To neorouter. com:443...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed.
Check of neorouter. com:443, :32976 from external sites shows no opened ports.
Should I confirm connectivity somehow?

Thanks,
Mikhail

I have no idea what you're trying with ping, telnet and ssh to neorouter.com, but to check connectivity to your Neorouter server, you login to the Neorouter Dashboard (the Login link in the upper right corner). Once logged in, click on "Test". If its green, it means your port forward is correct. If its red/unreachable, you have a port forward error. It sounds like you didn't put in the port forward rule in your router.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:11 am 

By default Active Directory will only accept local connections, meaning that the computer user will have to connect via VPN or Dialup prior to authenticating with the domain controller. The servers may still be pingable over WAN but AD should only ever communicate over LAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:20 am 

Hi,

I am having some issue with a user computer at my job site. His computer cannot connect to any of the share drive on the servers.

I am able to ping the servers just fine with no issues. I also have internet connection.

I remove the computer from the domain and try to re add it again. Now I am getting a error say it cannot reach AD.

I try a IPconfig /all to check his IP address info and I cannot see the info because it looks like he has 197 network adapters.

I also tried removing his network drivers and reinstall them to his computer.

I am not sure what else to do.

Can anyone help me out with this?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:16 am 

As a matter of course Active Directory will just acknowledge neighborhood associations, implying that the PC client should interface through VPN or Dialup before verifying with the area controller. The servers may even now be pingable over WAN yet AD should just ever impart over LAN...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:23 pm 

I have same problems. How can I solve it?