Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: neorouter client port forwarding
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:47 pm 

Hi,

Not sure it's good to post this question here. I'm bit struggling to find out what has gone wrong. I have a router (as a gateway 192.168.1.1) running openwrt and i have a device connected via the ethernet port 1. So this device (192.168.1.20) has a webpage which it's on port 80 and I have configured my router's webpage listen on port 81.

I have added the port forwarding on the router's 8000 to my device's webpage port 81.
eg. from port 8000 port forward to 192.168.1.20:80.

when i connect directly via normal connection (for example via wifi connection), i can login to the device webpage via the port forwarding. However when i tried to connect via the neorouter 10.0.0.12:8000, i couldn't access to the device webpage.

Do i need to add anything on the firewall rules or any routing tables?

thanks.

best regards

Post subject: Re: neorouter client port forwarding
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:44 am 

mini-coffee wrote:
Hi,

Not sure it's good to post this question here. I'm bit struggling to find out what has gone wrong. I have a router (as a gateway 192.168.1.1) running openwrt and i have a device connected via the ethernet port 1. So this device (192.168.1.20) has a webpage which it's on port 80 and I have configured my router's webpage listen on port 81.

I have added the port forwarding on the router's 8000 to my device's webpage port 81.
eg. from port 8000 port forward to 192.168.1.20:80.

when i connect directly via normal connection (for example via wifi connection), i can login to the device webpage via the port forwarding. However when i tried to connect via the neorouter 10.0.0.12:8000, i couldn't access to the device webpage.

Do i need to add anything on the firewall rules or any routing tables?

thanks.

best regards

"I have added the port forwarding on the router's 8000 to my device's webpage port 81. "

Is that a typo and you meant 80?

Also, are you trying to access the neorouter IP from inside or outside the same network? Some routers expect the traffic to come from the WAN side for it to forward properly. The feature to allow NAT loopback is called "hairpinning" and not in all NAT routers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:25 am 

did you create a firewall zone for neorouter? and allow forward to lan in that zone?

then create a port forward from the neorouter zone to lan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:50 am 

I have installed this in my laptop and connected my iPod touch at the same time. Since then I have been noticing some ipod touch problems. What can the problem be which is letting such problems in my laptop?