Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Free server and client development stopped?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:34 pm 

(I swear I PM'd you like a month ago, and was getting annoyed I didn't get a response, but I don't see any copy of it in the sent box, so I guess it wasn't sent. *sigh* No idea, not the first forum blackhole I fell into...) Edit: Yea, trying to send you a PM only results in it going to Outbox, not Sent box.

Basically, it's been almost 3 years since you've lasted updated neorouter free for linux. The last version was supposed to fix SSLv3 vulnerabilities, but from the log, its clearly still using it and is a bug. That's really poor QA.(Link removed because your forum spam filtering is garbage). Your FAQ and release notes disagree on the default setting.

Quote:
#Description: Whether disable SSLv3 protocol and use TLS only
#Options: 0-Disabled; 1-Enabled
#Default: 1
DisableSSLv3=1

Quote:
* Added new feature option to disable SSLv3 protocol
Code:
DisableSSLv3=0 (default 0; 0 - enable SSLv3; 1 - disable SSLv3 and to use TLS1/1.1/1.2)

Have you stopped supporting the linux free versions? 2.5+ years is ancient in security/vpn times, especially when you're using components with publicized bugs and exploits. In fact, its highly suspicious you're not updating it with highly publicized exploits. I've given up on collecting and reporting bugs due to the lack of love.

With the new features (ssl certs and Remote access changes) you're adding to the other clients, its getting more and more incompatible with the older linux server and clients. Or just update the 1.1.14 FAQ to say something like, "Neorouter free servers on linux does not support SSL certs and therefore remote access either for Android and iOS devices".

The forums don't have much activity and so I don't know if things are winding down for development, but it would be good to get an official answer on whether the server development has seized. I can understand how a Free product isn't going to pay the bills. Usually the model is the free versions are the beta testers, the paid customers get the stable versions to ease on paid support people and screw ups. But I think you're at the point where you're just adding the features right to the paid versions and killing off the free versions.

I'd appreciate knowing whether free version has been end of life'd and that the bugs will not be fixed.

Best regards

Post subject: Re: Free server and client development stopped?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:21 am 

Hi MaxBlitzer,

Thanks for your post.

We will provide a free edition for sure, may be merged into Pro edition in the future. (like fall back to Free features after trial days).

DisableSSLv3 option allows one to disable sslv2/3, but enable TLS1.0/1.1/1.2. We will fix it to disable SSLv2/3/TLS 1.0 and enable TLS 1.1/1.2, to meet the current requirements. ( Will be in the next release)

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:25 am 

kevinz wrote:
Hi MaxBlitzer,

Thanks for your post.

We will provide a free edition for sure, may be merged into Pro edition in the future. (like fall back to Free features after trial days).

DisableSSLv3 option allows one to disable sslv2/3, but enable TLS1.0/1.1/1.2. We will fix it to disable SSLv2/3/TLS 1.0 and enable TLS 1.1/1.2, to meet the current requirements. ( Will be in the next release)

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

KevinZ,

I take it the plans have changed and Neorouter development is stopped?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 pm 

Thanks for sharing such a good article and for informative things. Your articles are really amazing and I got a lot of information and guidance reading them. It helped me a lot and I will surely follow your article techniques. Waiting for more useful updates and new things

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:58 am 

Hi,
Thanks for your post. I am New here, I have no idea about this topic. With traditional server-side rendering, the server responds by generating and returning a completely new page for every interaction. This often slows load time, uses more bandwidth, and creates a less responsive user experience.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:54 am 

I am also new to this forum. But I have already seen some good topics. This is a very good forum where many people can get help. So keep up the good work.

I work as a writer at https://app-reviews.org/app-store-optimization/. We write a lot of reviews for applications from real people. So we help people to raise their application in the top. If you have an application and you want to increase its popularity, then feel free to click on the site link.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:37 pm 

andrewtiwsan wrote:
I am also new to this forum. But I have already seen some good topics. This is a very good forum where many people can get help. So keep up the good work.

Take your spam somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:46 pm 

Thanks for all your information, Website is very nice and informative content

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 pm 

I am additionally new to this discussion board. But I actually have already visible a few excellent subjects. This is a very good forum where many human beings can get assistance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:35 am 

kevinz wrote:
Hi MaxBlitzer,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Well, seeing how a new Pro release came out and Free wasn't merged into it, I'll take the answer to my question is that yes, development of Free edition has in fact stopped. That's disappointing. Should have expected that with the way the forum has been taken over by spam bots.