Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Service Initialization Failed
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:16 pm 

Hi KevinZ,

don't worry for the e-mail... it's possible that I delete it and don't remember...
In this days I have some trouble in my mind 'cause I was in hospytal for a little cut... nothing very bad but annoying thing.

For the error of the CliService.exe (it was running with the same right of ConnSvr.exe at the same time and the connection stay up) I think that:
I was making a backup with my usual application (rsync for windows) and it's possible the 2 services had a confict, but I can't understand why after reboot still not work CliService.exe (as you tell me it stop just after start).
So it is better to remember for installation to disable all AV, FW and similar and put the installed files in the exclusion area of thats sw.

Anyway I don't understand why cannot set autologin properly without copy last configuration file. It's not very important but I go to investigate and if get a result I will tell you.

Tnx for all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:27 am 

Did Windows Update break something with NeoRouter? I did a clean install of Win XP Home and NeoRouter still will not function. As my previous post, I still keep getting this error. In addition, the three other PCs that I have NeoRouter installed on, which previously worked, are also having this problem. NeoRouter Version 0.9.6.1048[1].

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:09 pm 

Hi medic563,

In that release, the issue is caused by the short waiting time. We've fixed it in the next build. It is coming soon.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:54 pm 

Hi guys,

The bug has been fixed in v 0.9.7.

thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:51 pm 

Thanks. I installed it and it worked right away. I will keep you posted if there are any issues.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:52 pm 

Everything worked after install of new version until I reboot. Now the program hangs on the "connecting to NeoRouter Client" screen. If I hit cancel, and then sign in, it times out on the "signing in to NeoRouter" screen.

If I reinstall the program, it will functin properly until I reboot.

This PC has Windows XP Home and is running the NeoRouter Server.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:32 pm 

Hi medic563,

Thanks for your report. Can you explain a little more details about your steps to "reboot"? so that we can determine if it's a bug.

Because from this version, we changed the logic of sign in. The UI will keep trying reconnect when UI is disconnected from nrservice or nrservice is disconnected from nrserver. The UI expects the nrservice and nrserver will be back sometime. It means once users input the credential, it will handle the rest, until users stop it manually. So, it's normal if you see a message is displayed and a "Cancel" button is available, when nrservice or nrserver disconnect. It's not hang, it will go back to the sign in view when you click on the "Cancel" button; it will go to the computer list view when the nrservice/nrserver is back. But it will stay the reconnecting status. Only at the first time it connects to the server, it will report sign in error and returns to the sign in view.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:12 pm 

After I install the new version, I can sign in, sign out, disconnect and Quit and then start program again from NeoRouter shortcut icon. No problems. It logs in very quickly. When I shut the PC down or restart, that is when I cannot log in again. It keeps trying to connect until I hit cancel. I will try tomorrow morning to let it keep trying and I will report the results.

FYI, on one of my other PCs that is running Windows XP Pro and NeoRouter Client, If I reboot the PC it will not start NeoRouter after reboot. If I start the program from the shortcut icon, I can sign in and it functions with no problems. One issue at a time, but just wanted to let you know that it is working on one of my other systems. I still have the older version of the client running on my other systems.

Hope this helps...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:22 am 

Hi medic563,
I will answer for your last report because it appens to me to:
you just need to open the properties of the shortcut to NeoRouter placed in the "automatic startup" folder in start menu.
After that find the destination and put " NRClient.exe " instead of " ClientUI.exe " .
After that when you boot it start and login as normally.
The problem is only the shortcut are not updated and not deleted from previous installation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:24 pm 

Today I rebooted my PC and left the "connecting to NeoRouter Client" screen alone. It didn't connect right away, but I checked back after an hour and I was logged in and the program functions properly.

pippo_lite,

Thanks for the advice. I changed that target and it works on Startup. I should have thought of that. :D