Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Install server on ASUS Wl700gE
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:37 am 

Hello

I have an ASUS Wl700ge NAS router and I would like to install NeoRouter Server. However this router only supports Kamikaze 7.09 version by now. Is it possible to install with this version? I have not installed Kamikaze yet, by now I have a modified version of original firmware which allows to install optware packages (Kfurge 1.0.7.8 version) but I haven´t been able to install neorouter with this version and I would like to know if Kamikaze 7.09 would do. I´m very interested in NeoRouter but would only migrate to Kamikaze if i'm sure it's gonna work. Thank you very much in advance.

Post subject: Re: Install server on ASUS Wl700gE
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 am 

This device has only 2MB flash, so nrserver and its dependencies will not fit on the flash.

It's possible to install and run nrserver on the harddrive, although we have not tried. You probably need to manually install dependent libraries and set the proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Then you can run nrserver with -path parameter to specify the database location.
I would not recommend this, unless you are a developer.

Another option is to buy another router with >4MB flash, put it in the DMZ of your WI700gE, and setup nrserver there.

Good luck!