Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Server running behind a Corporative Network
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:57 pm 

Greetings for all. My first post! Thank you for offering the tool free.

Apparenty, There are not public neo-router servers. A question!

I want to launch a server from a computer inside a corporative network (University). The computer(s) has access to internet. And I have administration rights of the computer. But I do not evidently have access to a 'router' (and parameters).

A DHCP Service provide us private IPs (as it is usual). the computers have not public IPs. Hypothetical clients must link with server from in and out of the Corporative Network.

is it possible with Neo-Router? How? Wippien and Remobo (for instance) work ok in this environment but they need external servers/mediators...

Sorry for my english!

DJuego

Post subject: Re: Server running behind a Corporative Network
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:52 am 

Hi DJuego,

Thanks for your interest in NeoRouter.

As the NeoRouter Free Server requires open a port to the Internet, some users, who have NO permission to access their routers, can create the NeoRouter virtual network inside the same network of the server ONLY, instead of create universal connections. To meet the requirements, we plan to launch our public VPN cloud service in the earlier of the next year.

Actually, there are two kind users.

1) Some users want to completely control their own server, data and virtual network, as they need fastest connection speed, higher security and stability. Most technical users, business users and home users have permission to control their router. Currently, NeoRouter Free is designed for these users.

2) Another users like a central server based vpn service, as it's simpler and they don't want to maintain a server or cannot setup a server. But the limitation is that they have to share the central server with others and their private data have to go though the third party server. For most users behind a corporate network, for example: corporate companies, universities and so on, it's not easy or not able to create a P2P connection because of the strict firewall rules or the symmetric NAT. So they have to bear with the slow relayed connection.

Since you mentioned about Wippien and Remobo, I'd like to explain a little bit. Firstly, they are both good software, but they have some disadvantages too. Wippien does not provide any relay server, so some users, especially corporate users, who are behind a symmetric NAT or a strict firewall, CANNOT create connections between computers. Remobo provides a relay server to solve the issue, but the connection can be very slow if two computers cannot create P2P and far away from the relay server. The critical issue is that since both of them use a central server (Wippien uses a central JABBER server) to provide the service, if the server is down, all users CANNOT be able to use the service anymore.

BTW, our VPN cloud service will solve these issues properly :) So, before it comes out, if NeoRouter Free does not meet your requirements, I'd suggest the Hamachi service, at least it is stable, comparing to other services, especially for business users.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:35 am 

Thank you for your very swift answer!

Well. I have decided to try Neo-Router with a 'temporal' public IP and free ports. And I already have multiple questions! I will ask you in the main subforum.

DJuego

Thanks in advance! Sorry for my weak English!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:50 am 

A DHCP Service provide us private IPs (as it is usual). the computers have not public IPs. Hypothetical clients must link with server from in and out of the Corporative Network.
is it possible with Neo-Router??????