Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Linux Client CLI Config Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:54 pm 

Hello. I have a ClearOS Box (CentOS Based) running a NeoRouter Server that works pretty well. I wanted to add the client side so that it can participate in the network and share files from it. I got the client service working, but not sure how to configure it through the CLI, if that's even possible. I can't seem to find a config file or something of the sort.

Any suggestion on how to make this work? Still learning linux so any help is greatly appreciated.

Peace

Post subject: Re: Linux Client CLI Config Question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:00 pm 

You may want to use nrclientcmd command to sign in and manage the computer list. As there is no Configuration Explorer on Linux in this version, you have to use the Windows version to manage the NRServer.

Please check out here for more details:
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... _and_Win2k

We will add more commands (most in Configuration Explorer) to either NRServer or nrclientcmd in the next release, so that you can manage the server and client easier.

Coming soon.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 am 

Kevinz-
Thank your for the quick reply. While waiting, I dug deeper into the forums and the docs and found more information that helped me out, exactly as you posted below. However I am still having a problem. So I have nrserver and am attempting to have the nrclient service run on the same machine. However, when the nrclient service loads, I never get a [ok] after it. When I attempt to login using the CLI nrclientcmd, I can connect to the service, but I get an error then it crashes the nrclient service out, but I'm still in the nrclientcmd. I quit the nrclientcmd out and check my processes, sure enough, nrservice is no longer running. Here's what it looks like :

Connecting to NeoRouter Client Service.
/bin/bash: line 1: 17125 Aborted /usr/bin/nrservice

I setup the debug logging, and captured some logs. I will email them to you (found the address in another post) if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

More info, running ClearOS 5.1 Beta 2 which is CentOS based distro.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Peace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 am 

Hi hatterofmaddness,

I got your log file. It's a known bug in the v0.9.8. We will fix it in the next release.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:17 pm 

Kevinz-
Thank you very much for looking into this problem. I (and my friends) really enjoy NeoRouter and have quickly adopted it as our way to play games and share data simply because of it's ease of use and because of NeoRouter's ability to create direct P2P connections instead of routing through a central VPN server. I will be looking forward to the next release. Again, thank you.

Peace
hatter