Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: beginner- fonera2.0n and Osx10.5
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:45 pm 

Hi,
I'm working with computer from many years but I'm really beginner about networks configuration..
I have a Fonera 2.0n and i saw a post about NEOROUTER zero config VPN
so I thought was the best solution for a beginner like me..
.. I' m working as a freelance designer and I have 2 big harddisk connected to my fonera.. so I'm thinking about using them also when I'm out of the office using a VPN connection..

I triyed to configure a VPN network between my Fonera2.0n and my MacBook pro running OSx 10.5..
I was following all the instructions and I was able to install the Neo Router server on my fonera Dashboard.
But I didn't found an help document or tutorial about how to configure the server and create the Users...and how to access to the Fonera-neorouter server from my Macbook pro.

Can someone describe me how to do it?

thank's

Riccardo

Post subject: Re: beginner- fonera2.0n and Osx10.5
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:14 pm 

Hi rmarini,

Thanks for your interests in NeoRouter.

To configure the virtual network, you have two options:
1. If you have a Windows computer, you can install NeoRouter Free Client, and run NeoRouter Configuration Explorer. http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... onExplorer
2. If you do not have a Windows computer, you can configure using nrserver command line. http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... _Interface

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:05 pm 

Hi,
thank you for the quick answer, but like i wrote I'm a beginner, with Mac OSX 10.5 .. and a fonera 2.0n
I checked the link you sent for non windows user once again but I think the info are not complete for a beginner like me.. and I was not able to use it.
I installed on the fonera neorouter following the wiki and I can see it on the dashboard, but in the wiki are missing the instruction to configure it...
add user and password.. i saw on the Fon board the same request..
Info are missing..
Can you help me writing down in a few steps what I have to do to configure the Neoruter server on the fonera?
thanks a lot

Riccardo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 pm 

Hi rmarini,

Thanks for trying NeoRouter. As a beginner, the Configuration Explorer for Windows would be the best choice for you, as the CLI does require a little bit technical backgrounds.

If you can find a Windows computer, it's pretty simple to configure NRServer on your fon2n following the guide http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... onExplorer . Of cause, a friend with tech background would be very helpful.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 pm 

Hi finally I had configured NeoRouter Server with the configuration explorer in Windows XP . I was able to setup 2 my computers: the desktop pc and my MacBook Pro laptop, I can see the computer and the shared folders..
But what I really like to do is to use my hardisk plugged to the FONERA 2.0n
and I'm not able to do it..
I was searching all the net to have some information but without success...
The fonera wiki is helpless , no tutorial or information and also your wiki is not helpful... the fonera part is not updated..

Like I said I'm not an expert but if you advertise your product like 0 config and you don't even put any information in your website and in your support forum you give just no advise, just say to get help from a friend.. I think you are losing lot of users..

Can anyone help me a bit in how to setup Neorouter to see and work remotely with the harddisk connected to the Fonera?
Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:37 pm 

Hi rmarini,

To use the hard disk plugged to your FON2n, you have two options:

1.You can remotely connect to a computer in the LAN of the FON2n, so that you can access these hard disk from the FON2n's UI. Its easier to setup but may need an extra computer.

2.Another way is you can install NR Client for FON2n on the box, so that all computers in the NR network can access the hard disk either from FON's UI or ftp/sftp to your hard disk directly.

For detailed steps please refer to http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... ter_Client

Note: The option 2 works unless your FON2n box has the DEV firmware installed.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team