Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 64-bit Support
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:45 am 

Please, please, PLEASE could support for 64-bit environments be included? - I have been looking for a program such as NeoRouter for sometime, and have tried all the alternatives (which will remain nameless for now!) - NeoRouter is by far the best, with large amounts of control, and good security options.. But we cant use it until 64-bit is supported at least 10 - 15 of the servers I want to put it on are 64-bit!

You just added the auto login feature which has solved the other issue I had.. and the only other thing Im hoping for is labelling of the connected computers (at the moment im using a group for every machine so I can label them!)

I Love this program, and hope to see it go far.. Is it always gonna remain free? we want to use it for business use (for our own administration, not to make money).

Thanks.

James

Post subject: Re: 64-bit Support
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:30 am 

Sorry for the double post, but is this something that might be implemented soon? I need to know cause there will be no point using neorouter with our servers if it woll not be coming in soon(ish!) :)

Thanks

James

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:48 pm 

Hi Psy-Clone,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Recently we noticed a lot of requests for the 64-bit support and we are planning it. The problem we have so far is not the technical issue. To get the driver work on 64-bit Windows, we have to get Microsoft to sign it. It's not free :( , but we still want to keep the Standard Edition free.

I think we will solve the problem finally, but not soon.

thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 am 

Hi Kevinz.

Thank you very much for your responce (another reason I like this software.. active development and community! :))

I see the problem there! - Pehaps adding 64-bit as a paid for optional edition if it's costly to implement? - or maybe all of us who want it could start a fund raiser! lol

Well, we will still be using your software.. Keep us updated with it, as the more servers I can get it on the better out admin system will work.

-Off topic a little, what about being able to label or name the added machines with custom names? - This would also be very handy... and maybe making it easier to see which machines are online or offline for ease of monitoring. Currently, the blue/black computer icon isnt the easiest to tell the difference between!

Anyway, keep up the good work! :)

James

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:45 am 

Hi James,

Thanks for your suggestion and the encouragement!

We will evaluate it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:34 am 

Could you add Linux 64 bit support. It is FREE!!

-Aki

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:57 am 

Hi guys,

The Windows x64 support version (0.9.6) is released out. Since we don't sign the driver, for Vista X64 users, please disable the driver signature enforcement feature manually. When Vista boots, press "F8" to choose the option, before installing the latest NeoRouter.

If using WinXP x64 or Win2003 x64, you don't need to worry about it.

Porting to a pure 64-bit version would take more time. So in this release, the driver has been ported to 64-bit, but the main application will be running on the WOW as a 32-bit application.

Linux version stays at 32-bit too. If you really want to run it, you can use some trickies like "chroot" method to create a 32-bit environment and run it on a 64-bit box. Please make sure use openssl 0.9.8g library or later.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:02 am 

Dear NeoRouter team,

I think 'chroot' solution is not feasible with real server application...

Any hope for having real 64-bit NeoRouter for Linux?
I'm assuming that there would be HIGH NUMBER happy users for it!

Thanks,

-Aki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:55 pm 

Hi akba,

Thanks for the suggestion.
We agree with you that 64-bit NeoRouter server for Linux is an important scenario and it is already on our to-do list.
At this moment, we are focusing on porting NeoRouter client to Linux and OSX. We plan to release these two products soon. Once we complete this project, we will re-evaluate our product line and prioritize tasks. Although I cannot provide an ETA yet, but I know that better 64-bit support will rank high in that task list.
As engineers ourselves, we completely understand the need for a true cross-platform zero-config VPN solution. Please trust us that we will deliver a complete and robust solution and a little wait will eventually pay off.

Thanks again for your support and patience.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 am 

Hi Psy-Clone and akba,

As promised :) , we have released x64 bit support. Please try it and let us know how you think.