Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Start when I log on to Windows
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:38 am 

Looks like this doesn't work (at least on Vista 32), also the checkbox remains cleared after the following sequence of actions:
1. When logged in, choose File | Sign Out
2. Check all 3 checkboxes, incl. the box Start when I log on to Windows
3. Press Sign In button
4. Close the client from tray bar (content menu Exit)
5. Start the client manually, it will do sign in automatically (because of the middle checkbox that preserved its state)
6. Repeat 1. and see the third box didn't preserved its checked state (it's empty).

Shouldn't be hard to include the fix into coming version, TIA!

Post subject: Re: Start when I log on to Windows
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 pm 

Hi uio,

Thanks for your report. It's a bug on Vista+. It's fixed and will be included in the next build.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:48 am 

One thing left to do: start NR Explorer minimized to tray. Otherwise it will start inconveniently presenting its main window (in default config) or, when made Minimized in Startup group (for shortcut), still staying on task bar occupying the space. All that in Vista.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:24 am 

Hi uio,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider about it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: ... More
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:22 am 

Well, two more observations:

1. It would be nice to have an option to hide to Windows tray the main NR Network Explorer window after an appropriate add-in icon was clicked. Otherwise (now) the main window will be left opened thus requiring the explicit closing step after say remote session was initiated.

2. It would be nice if users can find concrete version history list with changes somewhere. Currently linking to News/Updates section of the forum does nothing in that regard except notifying of the fact of version change / new post.

TIA!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:09 am 

Hi uio,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider about it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:08 pm 

With NRFree 1.1.1, user can config Network Explorer to minimize at startup. You can simply click and check the menu item "File | Minimize at startup" in Network Explorer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:13 am 

Thank you Luke for the information, I can verify it works, albeit NRClient still visually starts with main window maximized, after a while it minimizes itself - the better and more clean would be inversing the action, i.e. start main window always minimized, and, if MinimizeOnStartup is not checked, it will show up itself.

The one related thing would be also nice to have for the next release - ability to automagically minimize the main window after add-on was successfully ran. It would be very handy especially for remote control sessions where the main window not needed anymore. As an alternative, surfacing of installed add-ons into tray bar icon as the integral part of the current context sensitive menu - that way user don't need even to do the extra steps with manipulating main NR UI window!

I'd like to mention that for some reason my subscription to News/Updates forum didn't triggered the 1.1.1 update message, although it worked before and was active in forum UI. I reactivated it for now. Luke's post in this thread still sent a notification, so that's how I got the info about this update. I see you have weekly updating now built-in, hope it works even the NR is constantly running in the background.

OK, those were my usually useful feedback cents earned on the today's table, thanks for the great product guys!