Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: W2K Clinet on Server Problem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:42 pm 

I have been testing both the Free and Pro versions of NeoRouter. The Free version works well but I have a problem with the Pro version that the 1.0 version has not fixed.

Basically when I use a w2k machine as a server and a client the client software always choses an address with an IP address that conflicts with an existing client IP address. No amount of removing and reinstalling, deleting or logging on as a different user seems to fix the problem. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong.

Keep in mind I don't have this problem with the free version.
Thanks for the help!

Post subject: Re: W2K Clinet on Server Problem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:10 pm 

Hi danakw,

Thanks for trying NeoRouter.

NR pro 1.0 and NR free 1.1 are built from the same code base and they have the same patches applied. For more information about this version, please refer to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4195

From your description I'm still a little bit confused about what you said

Quote:
the client software always choses an address with an IP address that conflicts with an existing client IP address.

By my experience, it looks like some information are not cleared up when you tested.

Since Win2k is an pretty old Windows System and NR Pro and NR Free are different products, you may want to pay more attention to the following when testing:

1. Make a complete uninstallation before a new installation
When uninstalling, you may be prompted with a message "If you want to delete all files generated by NeoRouter"? please choose "Yes". It will remote all cached information as well.

2.Reboot your computer after the NeoRouter gets uninstalled.
Unlike WinXp+, Win2K does not clear tap driver information properly until reboot.

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 pm 

Thanks for your fast reply. Sorry if I was less than clear. I started out using a free version sometime after you added W2K support and never had a problem. Later I did a clean install of NeoRouter-0.9.10.1650 and only had a problem with the client on the server which was a W2K machine. Two machine in the network were being assigned 10.0.0.1 and I never could eliminate the issue. I finally gave up and just turned the client service off on the server. When I did a clean install today of the new NeoRouter-1.0.0.1800-pro-Setup-w2k server and client I still had the same problem. I will uninstall everything from the four machine I am testing, reboot, do clean installs while taking copious notes and let you know.

Thanks again

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:55 pm 

After a clean reinstall of NeoRouter-1.0.0.1800 on the W2K server/client with two additional W2K clients and two XP Pro clients I am not seeing the problem any more. I am having some other issues with Customization and Branding (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4205&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

When I log-on to the W2K sever via NeoRouter Configuration Explorer there are times when the the UI shows no computers attached even though I can still ping the server using the Virtual IP Address.