Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problems with NeoRouter Configuration Explorer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:25 pm 

I am having problems getting the server in NeoRouter Pro connect. I have changed everything to work on Port 443 and the Dashboard indicates that the port is accessible.

I then installed NeoRouter Pro (server) in a Windows Server 2008 machine.
Upon entering NeoRouter Configuration Explorer, the General panel recognizes the Network and port 443 but Status is Disconnected.
It does not allow me to create any users. (Says "cannot add user. Please check the information").

I've uninstalled the NeoRouter and reinstalled several times ... but cannot get it to "connect". Do I need to do anything in "Settings"?

Post subject: Re: Problems with NeoRouter Configuration Explorer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:52 am 

Hi ipjd2000,

Seems your NRServer is not running properly. Please troubleshooting the issue first.

Since the status is "Disconnected", your Configuration Explorer is not connected to the server properly yet, so you cannot do any operation before setting up the server properly.

Please troubleshooting the issue related to the Server first.

1.Check the taskmanager see if you can see the process name "nrserver.exe" and make sure there is no other application is listening at port 443.

2.Check if your NR server is listening at port 443.
Go to the same computer on which the NR Server is running, try to log on from Configuration Explorer, in the "Log on to" field input "127.0.0.1:443", see if it works.

3.You can also run the tool tcpview (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 97437.aspx) to monitor the port 443

Note:

1. To make a clean re-install, you may want to uninstall the existing NeoRouter package. When it prompts if you "if you want to delete all files generated by NeoRouter", please choose "Yes" to delete all files including database, so that next it will ask you to re-enter NR domain information while installing.

2. If your NR domain name is bound to a port 443, NR server will set to port 443 automatically when installed. Or by default, it uses port 32976.

3. For a standard troubleshooting guide, please refer to "7.1 Troubleshooting" in the User Manual:
http://www.neorouter.com/Documents/nr_u ... l_10en.pdf

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:13 pm 

Ok, using NeoRouter Professional, I was able to get the Connection Server running by using 127.0.0.1:443.
I was also able to get a Client running (in the same computer as the Connection Server).
However, neither the Connection Server or the Client recognize the Domain Name I setup. They simply aren't able to log-in. According to the Dashboard, port 443 is open and Server is running.

Additionally, I cannot get any other Clients to log onto the Server. Note the that other clients are running behind the same router as the Server.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:07 pm 

Looks like your router does not support "hairpin feature".

Please check out this: http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... appened.3F

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:27 pm 

Problem solved ... it was related to media hairpin ... I enabled SIP ALG on the router and that got it to work.