Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Some feature requests
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:00 pm 

Hi,

I'm new to Neorouter and am trying out the pro demo. From my initial experiences with the product, my feature requests are as follows (I'm a noob, so I may have overlooked some things or not know how to do them, so please let me know if that is the case):

1- active directory/ldap authentication & integration; having the ability to tie groups of users to acls and have them use their AD credentials would easily simplify user management

2- add the ability to add/remove multiple users/firewall exceptions at a time; right now, you are forced to do this individually for each and every service/user/port and this can get tedious when setting up multiple things.. eg the default acl has a bazillian services in it by default. the 'copy from' option eases things a bit, but initial setup is tedious

3- computer groups; this could make adding several servers that have the same services easier the first time around (eg. ssh connections to several linux servers), 'copy from' eases things a bit, but initial setup is tedious.. for instance, i could script the client installation across several linux servers at once

4- the ability to add computers/devices w/o having to run the cli tool (nrclientcmd) to register it after installing the client (i found that this was the only way to get servers to show up in the computer list), or at least make it possible to exit out w/o having it hijack the shell (eg ssh [new server] /usr/bin/nrclientcmd [-d DOMAIN] [-u USERNAME] [-p PASSWORD] -q (to exit when done))

5- user templates that administrators can apply to several users giving them access to common servers/services instead of requiring users to add computers themselves

Regards

Post subject: Re: Some feature requests
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:02 pm 

Hi schlag,

Thanks for your good suggestions, we will evaluate it and improve our products in the future.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team