Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: problem with connection on AndroidTablet
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:16 am 

Hi All,
I've problem with NRclient on/for Android (And.ver 1.6) on my android-tablet.
After logon, a list of my computers appeared and I can create port-connection for any of server via vnc or ssh…. However in vnc or ssh android tools, I con not connect to mentioned port – this connection cannot be established… It is does not matter dynamic or static port definition.
I suppose my network is correct, because from PC-WindowsXP everything is working correctly. Even android is connected via WiFi as one my PC-station (on this PCs NeoRouter is working magnificently :).
Additional information: icon NR on the top of screen appeared after returning to home screen, however when I try to open it again, I’ve got the start logon window for NR (with “SignIt” button on the bottom) – then I suppose the connection is crashed after changing window (however maybe I’am wrong).

Could you please help me?
Thanks in advance.
Tomek

Post subject: Re: problem with connection on AndroidTablet
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 am 

hi Tomek,

Thank you for using NeoRouter. Please try the following tests:
a) launch NR for Android, signin
b) launch NR Configuration Explorer on Windows, signin, go to Computers tab, find the entry for android, and get its virtual ip address 10.0.0.*. The computer name is often shown as "localhost", it is okay.
c) launch NR Network Explorer on Windows, signin, ping the android using its virtual ip address.
let me know if the ping succeeds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:37 pm 

Hi Luke,
Thanks for your quick answer,
Ad.a) -done
Ad.b) -done (appeared name localhost and his virtual-neorouter’s IP as well)
Ad.c) unfortunately, ping is not working. Of course there isn’t problem with my PC or network because ping to the rest of my PC (Windows and Linux) stations was arrived (I tested it immediately ;).

I’m not sure about correct behaving of the NR, but name “loclahost” on tab “Computers” are not persistently exist and disappeared when… NR on Android is jumping to the top of screen (it’s mean when the home screen (even without my activity) appeared in place of NR screen).

The name “localhost” exist (sometimes of course ;) on “NR Configuration Explorer” only, never on “NR Network Explorer” (even the “Add Computer” window is empty as well) - only Windows and linux machines are there.

Maybe it’s autosuggestion, however NR icon is moving to the top of screen, just when first ICMP packet arrived: usually NR on Android is waiting with list of my computers even couple of minutes, but when I try to send first ping, NR window disappeared and NR icon raising on the top of screen. However, as I told you before, it can by autosuggestion. :)

Thanks in advance for next steps and for your help,
Tomek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:39 pm 

Hi Tomek,

What is the maker and model of your device? Is it certified for Android market? We do not support A-pad or similar devices, because the manufacturer often changes android's behaviors without properly document them.
If it is an Android market certified device, I can send you debugging instructions.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 pm 

Oooops….
Exactly… I’ve Chinese tablet aka apad.
Fortunately there are second tool with android – G1 in my pocket :) . Short test was made by my immediately - and on it NeoRouter is working correctly… ufff…
Sooooo, I’ve remedy.
However screen is 5times smaller then in mentioned tablet… And then last time I’ll bother you: is any hope for help? :)
Thanks for your last advice and suggestion (on G1 is working :), and thanks in advance if will be next steps-help from you.
Tomek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:09 pm 

Hi Tomek,

I am sorry that we can only support devices that are certified by android market. If you need a larger screen size, I recommand waiting for Samsung galaxy or other supported devices.

Thank you for understanding.
Luke