Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NR Client to Remote Network.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:29 pm 

I would like ot be able to access my clients networks and I would like them to be able to see my NR ip address, not my real IP.

Since I travel from place to place I would like to be able to connect to my clients to do remote desktop or VNC. Sometimes I would like them to be able to do a reverse connection from VNC to my NR IP. I have the NR client on my laptop with an ip address of 11.0.0.1. The NR client on their netowrk is IP 11.0.0.6 and its real ip is 192.168.5.50. I would like to be able to access the clients on the 192.168.5.0/24. Can this be done?

Post subject: Re: NR Client to Remote Network.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:36 pm 

Hi KevCar,

I'm sure you can do this. I think you may want to setup a point-to-site VPN, and your computers have to be in the same network segment as your clients.

For the detailed information, please refer to
either user manual (http://download.neorouter.com/Documents ... l_10en.pdf) or our wiki (http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... workBridge)

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:32 pm 

I think I would run into a problem since I have multiple client networks on the same neorouter connection. Client 1 may have 192.168.5.0 and client2 might have 192.168.6.0. Would it be possible to expand the network to cover 192.168.0.0/16? I am thinking if I did that then I would have to reconfigure the NR Client bridge internal address to a broadcast network of 255.255.0.0. And I am not sure if I want to do that but at the same time I am thinking it would not hurt anything either. But since its bridging wouldn't broadcasts go from one client to all clients? I am thinking that all my clients need there own NR server and to do what I want I would have to connect to each individual client in a point to site VPN.
Not sure why I can't put in a route on my laptop that points to thier network using the dhcp ip of their NR Client and the their NR Client routes to their internal network. Their clients have a route that points to the dhcp network using the internal ip their NR Cleint. Tried it but can't seem to get it to work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:18 am 

Hi KevCar,

I though you just has a network from your clients from your first post. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I think the best approach is setting up NR client on each computers on your client site, this will give you a virtual LAN and you can use the built-in ACL/firewall to protect those computers and use NR user accounts to mange it.

BUT, if you don't like it, an alternative way would be multiple site-to-site VPN, i.e. you may want to use the Network Bridge feature of NR to link multiple networks. You can choose the "Routing" method instead of "Bridging", as those networks have different IP range. The only thing need to do is setup the NR client/gateway on each network to route packets. Those networks can be fully meshed.

For the detailed information about "Network Bridge", please check out here:
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... ork_Bridge

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:26 pm 

So, just curious, are the clients behind the NR Gateway unable to see and access the NR DHCP addresses?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:03 am 

No, those computers behind NR gateway cannot get NR virtual IP assigned. Only the computers having NR client installed will be able to get the VIP.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm 

I understand they don't get the VIP, what I was wondering if they could ping it by routing through the gateway. My whole objective is to be able to reach there network from the VIP address so I can easily remote control them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:51 am 

In your case, probably NOT, as you may want to use "Routing" approach. If you could use "Bridging" approach, yes, you can use the VIP to connect to physical IPs.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team