Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can you use 3proxy addon with Linux NeoRouter Server?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:17 am 

Hi,

I got NeoRouter going last night on 3 different operating systems. NeoRouter Server on Mandriva 2010 (using the RedHat/CentOS rpm works fine). Client running on Mandriva 2010 (using same RedHat/CentOS rpm), Client on Windows 7 64-bit, and Client on Android EVO. All very impressive.

Now I am stuck with trying to install the 3proxy addon. In the information about 3proxy, it seems to say that it is compatible with Linux NeoRouter servers. However, I don't see any way to "install" it. The CLI doesn't give any option to install addons. And there isn't any GUI like there is in Windows.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks for making some very effective software. I use OpenVPN extensively for work, but unfortunately Android doesn't support it without rooting your phone, and for ONCE in my life I am trying to have a phone that is not rooted.

I travel out of the United States frequently and I would like to be able to access USA only web sites from my phone and my laptop. Thus my interest in the proxy addon.

Post subject: Re: Can you use 3proxy addon with Linux NeoRouter Server?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:23 am 

Hi AndrewL733,

You don't really need the 3proxy addon if you just want to setup a proxy server. You may want to install/use any proxy server(3proxy linux version, tiny proxy or squid) on a computer, on which NR client has been installed. Then you can use the VIP of the proxy server from your laptop or other computer. If you want to browse US website, just setup the proxy settings in the browsers with the virtual IP address of the proxy server.

3proxy for NeoRouter is a package for Windows NR client. It does the same thing and install and run a 3proxy server. It won't work on Linux. But 3proxy is cross-platform, you get the Linux version from their website.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team