Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Installing NeoRouter Client on Fonera 2.0N
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:45 am 

Hi,
Hope there is someone who can help me, I'm in Denmark & use a UK VPN service which I currently connect to by PPTP from my Win 7 laptop. What I'm trying to do is to get my Fonera 2.0n to connect to the VPN server in the UK so that traffic from some (or all) of the devices connected to my router will go via the UK. I downloaded nrserver-1.2.0.2350-pro-fon2n-mipsel & nrclient-1.2.0.2350-pro-fon2n-mipsel, I installed the server as per the instructions, have skipped 3. as I want to connect to a different server. I extracted the client file so they are in a file nrclient-1.2.0.2350-pro-fon2n-mipsel on my USB drive connected to the fonera but I get stuck with the Setup NeoRouter Client step. I logged into the fonera as root using Putty and have the line root@Fonera:~# but can't work out how I instruct it to carry out: > mkdir /usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems/NeoRouter/
> ./nrservice &
> ./nrclientcmd. So I'd be very grateful for some help, I've searched around for a more beginners guide but can't find one. ;)

Post subject: Re: Installing NeoRouter Client on Fonera 2.0N
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:38 am 

hi simonbwende,

NeoRouter is not designed to work with a PPTP VPN provider as you have described. To achieve your goal with NeoRouter, you need to have at least one of your own computer in UK that acts like a proxy for your computers in Denmark.

Thanks,
Luke

Post subject: Re: Installing NeoRouter Client on Fonera 2.0N
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 am 

Hi Luke,
Thanks for your reply. I'll have to try a DD-WRT router instead.

Simon :)