Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NeoRouter on ARM Processor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 pm 

+1 for Raspberry Pi support. As a former Hamachi user fed up of them moving the goalposts every five minutes, I'd love to get NeoRouter working instead. Hamachi supports the Pi perfectly, but after their recent policy changes I decided to switch. I've looked at all sorts of things and this seems to be the best bet, but without Pi support it's only half a solution for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 pm 

An ARM build would be great. I run a small training centre and I want use NeoRouter to link my computers at our remote campuses. I have been trying to get NeoRouter working on my Asus WL-520GU router with no success. Our main campus has a QNAP TS-209II NAS running as our media server and file storage. If I could run NeoRouter on it as a QPGK installation or IPKG, this would solve a lot of my problems. At present I have to have my office computer running and map my back-up folder on my NAS to automatically back-up my data from our remote locations. I'm sure that an ARM build of the NeoRouter MASH would help sell a lot of MESH subscription.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:31 am 

Hi All,

We are already working on the NeoRouter for ARM and plan to release on the early next year. We choose Raspberry Pi as our test bed and will support most ARM devices.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:07 pm 

Looking forward to a Raspberry PI/ARM version, great work so far!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:18 am 

Hi guys,

NeoRouter for Raspberry Pi is available http://www.neorouter.com/downloads_nrpro.html#raspbian

Though it's just a Pro edition, the NR client works with all NR Free/Pro/Mesh server. We will release a new NR Free version soon.

You can also install the NR client from pistore.
http://store.raspberrypi.com/projects/neorouter

Enjoy it!

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:10 pm 

Any possibility of a version for ARMv7 (like the BeagleBone) ? I would be willing to upgrade to the Pro/Donate.

--
Thanks,
Arkesh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:22 am 

Any news on the BeagleBone Black front? It's an incredible device at $45 with triple the performance of a Raspberry Pi. Would be good to get NeoRouter up to a current version of the ARM processor as well. ;)

We'd be willing to donate a BBB to the cause if it would help move things along.

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=8222

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:59 pm 

Hey does the new release work on BeagleBone? We have shifted all our development to BB. Pi just does not cut it for us. I cant use this super software on BB and am stuck with no alternative.

Any reason why BB is not supported? I am a pro user and currently holding 8 lic with no where to go. I have about 12 devices deployed in the field which i would have loved to keep connected with. Right now I am flying blind here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:43 am 

Hi prady,

Which OS do you use on BBB? We are thinking about this, but need to get proper toolchain.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:27 pm 

@kevinz:

Kevin,

Is it possible for NeoRouter to (optionally) release a static-linked binary of nrservice?

I kind of like the way BitTorrent Sync releases their btsync for ARM, it's static-linked, i.e., it does not depend on other .so files, and it works on both my RaspBerry Pi (armv6l on kernel 3.18.11) and my NAS (armv5l on kernel 2.6.22). On the other hand, nrservice does not run on my NAS at all.

I know a statically linked binary file will be much bigger than a dynamically-link one, but it may work on wider variety of arm linux systems.

Here are results of ldd for btsync and nrservice on my RaspBerry Pi (raspbian):

Code:
[raspi ~] ldd btsync/btsync
        not a dynamic executable
[raspi ~] ldd /usr/bin/nrservice
        /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcofi_rpi.so (0xb6fad000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0 (0xb6f7d000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libdl.so.2 (0xb6f72000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb6ea0000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6 (0xb6e2f000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb6e07000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6 (0xb6cd7000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.3 => /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0xb6fba000)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next