Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help please with logging using domain name.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:08 am 

Hello.
I want to use neorouter to connect my home net and my office pc.
I've installed and configured neorouter server to my server machine under ubuntu 10.04, and client on my work pc in same office network. Also I have registered domain name on site.
It works well on office net (connection server-workpc) using server's ip as connection point.
As I understand to connect to office pc's from home I need to use domain name in neorouter's 'Log on to:' field. But it fails to connect: 'Signin failed because connection to server cannot be established.'
My home network works after nat (router), same in office. Neorouter server don't have white ip. Its possible to do something to make it work?
Best regards, rechmp.
Thanks for help.

Post subject: Re: Help please with logging using domain name.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:56 am 

Hi rechmp,

When connect from home to office, you can use the public IP of NR server as well. Actually no matter where installed your NR clients, you can always use either IP address of NR server or NR domain name associated with NR server to sign in.

To associate NR domain with your NR server on linux, you may want to run the following command on the server box.

nrserver -setdomain <DOMAINNAME> <DOMAINPASSWORD>

Once you run the command, it associated the NR server with the NR domain. Then NR server will update its public IP in our backend server, so that other NR clients can resolve the NR domain name

For the detailed information, please refer to http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... _Interface

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:23 am 

Hello, KevinZ.
Thank you for fast respond.
Tell me please, how i can use NR server's ip from home to office, if both have local black ip's after nat, such as 192.168.1.1? Or i don't understand something?

I have registered domain on server:
$ sudo nrserver -showsettings
NeoRouter Free [Version 1.7.1.3430]
Copyright (C) 2012 NeoRouter Inc.
NeoRouter server settings:
Domain Name: av***
Server Port: 32976
DHCP Subnet: 10.10.10.0
DHCP Netmask: 255.0.0.0

But anyway i cant connect from office to server using domain (both located in same subnet).
What i do wrong?

Thanks for help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:35 am 

Hi rechmp,

I understand your situation now.

NR server requires open the listen port to the Internet, so that NR clients can connect to it over the Internet.

Generally you may want to install the NR server at home ( assume you have full control over your home router) behind the NAT router, and setup the port mapping in your router to map the NR server listen port ( default port is 32976/tcp and you can change to any one you want) to the Internet. Open the link (http://neorouter.com/ip.php) in the browser, you will see the public IP of your home router, i.e. NR server. Now you can sign in with the [public IP]:[listen port] . If you associate the NR domain name with the NR server, you can test your servers status from our Dashboard website and NR clients can use the NR domain name to sign in.

Your current situation is you installed the NR server at office. If you have permission to setup the port mapping for the NR server, it will be fine. Or you have to use the NR software inside your office network with the private IP and you cannot use NR domain name.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 am 

Hello kevinz.
Thanks for answer, and sorry for my delay.
I've configured port forwarding for 32976 port on our router/firewall, but nothing happens. Where i can look log, or something to fix situation?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:32 am 

Hi rechmp,

Does it pass the testing on the Dashboard website? If it passes, can you try to sign in using IP:port from Configuration explorer?

Thanks,
KevinZ - Neorouter team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:04 pm 

Hello, kevinz.
Now i reconfigured forwarding and all looks to be fine, ests passing, but there is an error:
Attachment:
Снимок.PNG
Снимок.PNG [ 55.02 KiB | Viewed 23307 times ]

It appears only when i type correct login data.
When i try to make "bla-bla" password or wrong login - it allerts incorrect login error.

UPD: I have normally connected to server on my second ome pc. But in main pc i still have problem with error on screen. And i can ligin to server via Configuration explorer using domain.
I've tried to reinstall NR on main - problem still remain.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 pm 

Hi rechmp,

The error code means connection to the server failed, i.e. failure happened on the server side when accept the client. It may be caused by various reasons.

Please try to stop the NR client service. Delete the computer from the Configuration Explorer. Start the NR client and sign in to re-register it.

If it still does not work, please collect the log file of the NR server and send it to us, so that we can help you to investigate it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:18 am 

Thanks kevinz for the pro help. I did like you said and completely restart server, and now it works fine. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:51 pm 

For the detailed information about the logging, please refer to http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... og_file.3F

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team