Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Installing NeoRouter In a Box on Asus RT-N16
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:29 am 

im using asus rt-n16 and using tomato-K26USB-1.28.905xRAF-EN-MIPSR2-079V-AIO.trx firmware. when i flash the neorouter trx the router will wont work when power it is like the router is bricked. can anyone tell me how to properly flash the firmware. cause now using the pc version of the vpn but cant effort the electricity bills to run the pc 24/7 :D TQ.

Post subject: Re: Installing NeoRouter In a Box on Asus RT-N16
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:14 am 

Hi sani154ta,

Asus rt-n16 has a MIPSR2 cpu and I don't think NR for tomato, which is based on the official version of Tomato 1.28, supports it.

You may want to flash back to the tomatousb. With the "Asus Firmware Restoration utility", your router is gonna be ok.

Check out here:http://tomatousb.org/tut:installing-on-asus-rt-n16 , in case other users don't know.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: Installing NeoRouter In a Box on Asus RT-N16
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 pm 

Hello,
I am trying to install NeoRouter on an RT-n16 with Tomato Shibby Version 1.28. I love the cross platform compatibility of NeoRouter and wanted to set it up on my Tomato Router as it is the only client which works on literally every computer I have (Raspberry Pi, Ubuntu, Mac, Windows 7 Partition, Android...).
Per the line "I don't think NR for Tomato" am I to understand that NR will not be compatible with the RT-n16? That would be most unfortunate as the RT-n16 is one of the more popular Tomato platforms out there, and the features provided by the Tomato build are simply amazing...
Do let me know if there is a way around this problem as I do want to enjoy your product.