Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Signing in problem
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:35 am 

First off, I have a server running on the standard port 32976 at home with proper port forwarding. I can connect fine via domain and IP remotely as well but not at work. The Server passes the web test. Now my problem resides at work. I don't have access to the firewall here. I do have access to our web content filter, eg. block/unblock sites or web apps such as ultrasurf/tor/IM etc. Ok. I am able to connect from work 'IF' I connect to my subscribed VPN service, launch a NAT connected VM and connect from within that NAT VM. So the issue is one of two things.... Packet filtering done VIA my A-site or there is some sort of authentication server that I just need to allow access to in my web content filter.

I am able to successfully connect via telnet while 'NOT' joined to my vpn on my client machine. Neorouter client just seems to have an issue with authenticating?

For my VPN service, all I had to do is allow access to the VPN server IP's in order to grant connectivity by either l2tp, ppp or openvpn. I tried adding neorouter's IP to the allow list but still cannot connect even though I can browse freely to the site either way.

Sorry if this is confusing as hell I'm just wondering why authentication is not completing. I really want to get away from hamachi since I'm not sure how much longer it will be free.

Is there somekind of authentication URL/IP that I may need to add to my allow list?
Wireshark really showed nothing that I could work with either.

Thank you.

Note:
Server: Ubuntu 12.04
Clients: arch, windows, android

Post subject: Re: Signing in problem
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 am 

Hi jz-train,

Based on your description, it looks like there is a firewall or proxy between your NR client and the server.

If it's a firewall and it allows you to access a remote machine at specific port, it will be fine. From example, if the firewall allow you to access port at 443 (htts) or 80 (http) or any other port, you can change the listen port(default is 32976) of NeoRouter server to it. Then it should work.

If there is a proxy, you may want to figure out what protocol it uses. NR client support http1.0, socks 4/5 protocol. If you can figure out, you will be fine.

Another scenario is your network uses some kind of transparent proxy and use Windows authentication or something, then you have to solve the issue.

The final solution is the NeoRouter web client. Whenever you have an Internet access, you can use the NR web client to access your remote computers in the NeoRouter network.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:17 am 

Thank you sir for the response. I would just like to say that my issue was NOT with your fine service. It was because of my A-site's web filtering system. After allowing neorouter's IP/domain name on our filter. I was still having no luck. Turns out https resolution was not working properly that day, the next day, boom-I was logged in within seconds. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Once https was straightened out, turns out all I had to do was add an exception for secure.neorouter.com (or the IP) either way it works.

Thank you again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:48 am 

I will let you know if this works for me Thanks and keep posting such a informative blogs